2nd Trimester
Options

haven't felt baby move in days!!

Hi, this is my first pregnancy & I will be 19 weeks tomorrow.  I had started feeling a few flutters over two weeks ago, and it progressed to stronger flutters and I , as well as my husband, could even start to feel kicks.  Which was EXTREMELY exciting for us both!  But now it's been atleast 3 days since I've felt anything... (I don't know for sure because I'm trying to not let it stress me out.)  I've tried laying on my side, drinking a glass of cold OJ, just about everything I've been able to read online that gives your baby a "boost," but nothing has worked... I know the baby's still very small right now and could be in a position where I'm not able to feel it, & I've read the baby sleeps around 20 hrs a day... but that still hasn't calmed my nerves!! Also, had last dr appointment 2 weeks ago and heard the heartbeat, everything is where it needs to be!  So this worries me I've done something wrong! :/

SO the question is... Has anyone else not felt their baby move for 3+ days when the movements had been getting stronger??  If so, did everything turn out fine??

Thank you!! :)

Re: haven't felt baby move in days!!

• Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. 23 wks today and have been feeling her alot like clock work but since Fri haven't really felt anything. I'm trying not to worry but this is all new to me as well. My next appt is next Wed- hoping I start feeling her again and I hope you start feeling your baby again too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Perfectly normal.  I felt her, then felt her pretty consistently with breaks in between.  But I've been feeling her every day for a couple weeks now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm about 23 weeks and have felt a consistent amount of movement the last few weeks. However, yesterday I barely felt anything and was feeling a little uneasy about that. Today - things were back to normal, so I'm sure it's all part of the process. Hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Try not to worry. My little boy is SO active on a regular basis, but every couple weeks, he'll go a few days where I just can't feel him much. I'm assuming he's turned in a way where I just can't feel him as well. He always picks his activity back up eventually. Earlier on around 19 and 20 weeks, he regularly went awhile without me feeling movement. Also i noticed (and still do) that whenever i would wake up in the middle of the night, he was moving all over the place. Maybe your baby is more active when you're asleep. They seem to like to keep us on our toes, don't they?! :-) let us know when your sweet baby picks up some energy again!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine quits moving about once a week... Dr says it's a Growth spurt. It's pretty cool though, I'm lactose sensitive but for the days he's still I crave and can drink all the milk I want and not get sick :) strangest thing ever. I digress... Perhaps your little one is gearing up for a growth spurt?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"