Late Term and Child Loss
Options

mom has cancer & angelversary

I honestly can't remember if I still have my ticker for dd in my siggy bc I'm always in mobile. Just be warned I might...

I posted on my bmb, but thought you ladies would understand more. We found out today that my mom has cancer. She's only 52. I'm also less than a month from baby Gary's second angelversary. For some reason I'm having a harder time with it this year than I did last year. Add to that the news of my mom and some stress I have going on at school and I feel completely overwhelmed. Every time I think about baby Gary lately I cry. I was doing so well since dd was born, but I just feel so sad and angry. I can't help but feel like my family has had their share of crappy in the last two years, and now this. I want to be strong and supportive for my mom, but I feel like I'm barely hanging on myself. I have a therapist that I see and I'm making an appointment. My mom and I have had a strained relationship in the past, so there's a level of guilt involved, too. I don't know what the point of this is. I just want BOTH of my babies home with me. I want my mom to be healthy. I want my family to be happy. It seems so unfair that we're dealing with all of this at once. I'm just exhausted.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: mom has cancer & angelversary

• Options
    *Siggy warning**

I am sorry your mom has cancer and that you are going through this. When we found out my dad had cancer three years ago, it was such a hard diagnosis to hear. Cancer, though common because of its many forms, its so scary. Just hearing the word equates itself with pain, long treatments and finality. 

My dad is in remission, but even this last month we had a scare that it had come back. He is healthy and thriving, and I so want him to enjoy moments with MY babies. I wanted them to know him. 

I know that it probably feels like one more bad thing to be happening to you and your family, and coming at such an emotional time has to be hard. I hope that you are able to draw closer together as a family and truly support one another. I totally understand wanting to be surround by BOTH your babies and to feel some relief from the harshness of life. I truly hope that your mom's cancer is treatable and you will be able to say that she is in remission too. Huge ((hugs)). 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the news about your mom, and to come so close to baby Gary's 2 year angelversary. Cancer is very scary, and I hope you all can come together and pull through this with each other. ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry about your mom, that news would be difficult to take at any time, but to be so close to a milestone like this makes it so much more difficult to bear. I totally understand how you feel about the second year being more difficult.  Annabelle's second angelversary was this summer and it was definitely more emotional than the first year.  It was like everyone "moved on" and my DH and I were left behind mourning the loss.  I feel like every year is going to be difficult and emotional, but others only expect you to be sad that first year.  I hope you can find some peace and just be gentle with yourself these next few weeks. (((HUGS))) 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. On the days when I'm feeling that I'm doing well regarding my loss I almost always flip out about at least one small thing for no apparent reason. I can't imagine when you have to endure two life-altering circumstances. They are each so consuming on their own. Praying for strength for you and your family!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Praying for you and your family.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I hope they caught it early and she'll have a speedy treatment and recovery. Hang in there, mama.
  • Options
    I am so so sorry.  I hope that as her diagnostics continue, it is found to be treatable and that her course of treatment and recovery is quick.  One of my best friend just had a double mastectomy after 6 wks of chemo- she is only 26!  It is so incredibly hard to deal with a cancer diagnosis, and I am so sorry you and your mom are encountering it at such a fragile time. 

I will be thinking of you all with love and peace <3
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm very sorry to hear this.  I know it's hard to be supportive of others, even our parents, when we are still in need of so much support ourselves.  I hope your therapist can help yo work through all these complicated emotions.

You'll be in my thoughts. 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. Sometimes life is just really hard. ((HUGS))

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this on top of everything else.  ((HUGS))

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your mom and that you have so much to deal with at once. I hope your therapist can help you to handle all of this stress. Sending lots of (((hugs))) and T&P.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Praying that everything will go well with her treatment and she will recover quickly. Hugs.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer is very difficult to deal with. I hope all will be well with her and that you will be okay, also. My t and p are with you today.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"