October 2012 Moms
Options

Pink eye

Has anyone dealt with it with their LO? DS1 just got over it and I was just starting to believe DS2 made it without catching it. However I have that eagle eye for it as DS1 has had it like 5 or 6 times and I've had it 3 times since DS1 was born. LO has an appointment in the morning but I'm curious as how to keep LO from rubbing it and how the hell I'm going to get drops in his eyes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Pink eye

• Options
    Dd2 has viral pink eye right now. A symptom of her strep and double ear infection. She is on omnicef no drops.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When dd1 had it she was closer to two but we had to hold her down and pry her eye open. It was a two man job and horrible
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LauraT25 said:
    K had it twice. You don't have to hold their eyes open, just put the drop in the corner of their eye and hold them down for a few seconds, and the medicine will get in there
    This is what we did as well, she caught it at daycare around 6 months. We used the changing table since it was an easy height for me to hold her arms down well. I also changed her crib sheet every morning and let her only play with easy to clean toys.
  • Options
    Ditto to putting it in the corner of LO's eye- he'll blink it into his eye.
  • Options
    Ok any ideas about him not touching his eyes?? I feel like I'm washing his hands every 5 min! And a update, DS2 gave it BACK to DS1.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My daughter was just diagnosed yesterday! ugh!  Question on the sheet changing?  Can they reinfect themselves?  The nurse recommended the corner of the eye technique that others mentioned.
  • Options
    @Melidee82 I would change your LOs sheets for the next two nights or so. I will do that with my kiddos and I'm spraying the entire house down with Lysol! Only a few toys are out for LO and I'll keep switching things out to disinfect. 

Yes they can reinfect themselves if you don't wash or sanitize their hands often, especially if your LO touches her eyes often like my LO does. Basically, anything they touch needs to be washed or sprayed down with Lysol.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"