Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Champagne toast tonight?

Is anybody going to partake and have a glass or sip of champagne at midnight?

I'm not even sure if it is offered at the place I'm going, but just cuious what others were doing so I thought I would ask.

m/c April '08
DD#1 born June '09
DD#2 born April '11
TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart

Re: Champagne toast tonight?

• Options
    Dh picked up a bottle of sparkling juice for me.  There will be other people at the party who will not be drinking since they are designated drivers, so it works out for everyone.
  • Options
    Oh but a sip wouldn't hurt you or the baby.  I've had a few sips of wine and beer throughout this pg whenever we've gone to a new brew pub.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor gave me permission for one drink per trimester so tonight is going to be my drink for 2nd tri!  I bought a bottle of champagne last weekend and will have a glass at midnight.  I also bought a bottle of sparkling grape juice so that I can still feel like I'm having fun the rest of the night :)
  • Options

I believe I will.  The most alcohol I've ever had while pg was this time around, I literally just wet my lips with wine twice, to get the taste while pouring a glass for someone else.  I asked my dr, who said that on the record, he says absolutely no alcohol whatsoever.  Off the record, he said he would let his wife have a few sips of champagne on New Year's. 

However, my dh is NOT happy about this plan, so it might not be worth upsetting him, even though I really really really do not believe it would be harmful.

• Options

Champagne doesn't sound good to me today, nor will I see midnight.  I did get beer today and plan on having one. 

DH doesn't care if I drink a little, he usually hands me his glass of wine and asks me what I think of it.  I haven't really asked my doctor what she thinks but she's pretty liberal, so I'm not too worried about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Champagne doesn't sound good to me right now. I had the slightest taste of my favorite Chard. over Christmas and it tasted like pure acid to me. Couldn't handle it at all. So I am thinking I may have a little red wine (like a tablespoon or two). For some reason the red really sounds appealing and my dr. said the same as above...on the record NO but off the record, a little tiny bit here and there in your 2nd and 3rd would be fine for his wife.

Happy celebrating ladies!!!!

• Options
    I did when I was pregnant with dd. I had about half a glass. I was 38 weeks at that point. I probably wont tonight. We are staying home and dh is working until 11:30. He may not be home yet at 12 so it will most likely be my 5 year old and I. I doubt the 3 year old will stay awake. So dd and I will have sparkleing cider in champagne flutes.
  • Options
    I'll have 1/2 of a glass. We found out DH passed his boards yesterday so we busted out a bottle last night and I had 1/2 of one last night that I took my time with.  I have had a few sips of wine b/c DH got a few bottles of nice expensive wine from patients/colleagues and I just had to taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"