Trouble TTC
Options

*~* Weight loss/Getting Healthy Check In *~*

Hey ladies, sorry for the late post, yesterday was a crazy day at work.

How did you do last week?  Let us know how you did, and any advice or tips on what may work.

If you are new tell us a little about yourself by answering these questions

1.  What is your weight loss/get healthy goal?  
   2. What method are you using to help reach your goal?  
   3. What is your biggest weakness that you just can't resist?

QOTW:  We are gearing up on a very difficult time to try to stay Healthy with all of the Holidays coming up.  So what do you plan to do to keep yourself on track?
Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
All Are Welcome!!

Re: *~* Weight loss/Getting Healthy Check In *~*

• Options
    I have to say, this week wasn't too great for me.  As you know I am on weight watchers, and technically I stayed within my points but i made some really bad decisions.  One day I actually ate a giant chocolate chip cookie as lunch... really?  Who does that when they are trying to lose weight?  Ugh.  Hopefully you ladies had much better weeks than I did.  Well, at least I maintained and didn't gain this week.

QOTW: So my plans to stick with my weight loss plan is to do really really good this week to help get ahead of the game.  I am going to work out more, and splurge less.  However I am taking off 2 days from weight watchers during Thanksgiving weekend.  I want to enjoy my holiday, not sit around obsessing over things I shouldn't eat.  After our big Thanksgiving meal we are going to play a big game of kick ball with all of my family (weather permitting).  This will help work off some of those extra calories while still having fun!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    All Are Welcome!!

• Options

Hello, ladies. 

Last week was hard for me.  I had AF most of the week and all I wanted was chocolate.  It was rough. I kept a frozen Hershey bar in the freezer and just broke off a peice when I was really have a craving.  I didn't eat great but I didn't splurge as much as I wanted to.  I did two hours of zumba on sunday and burned 1200 calories so hopefully that will help.  :)  I haven't weighed yet this week so I am not sure if I am up or down. 

QOTW:  I haven't really given much thought to the holidays.  I get a splurge day each week so I figure I will use that as Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I am trying not to beat myself up too much when I mess up and eat something I shouldn't (which is hard for me -- I am an all or nothing personality) so maybe I will focus on moderation over the holidays. 

@Hope2bmom83 Don't be too hard on yourself for that cookie.  We have all been there.  I think if you ate a big cookie and made it out of the week with no weight gain then no harm done.  :)   

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's been a rough week b/c I've been traveling a lot.  But I picked the half marathon I'll run in February and set up a training schedule.  Still just getting back to 3 miles without stopping, doing light cradio...so nothing crazy. 

Although after last night and hitting a low spot, I'm thinking F it - I'll just go straight to IVF next month.  I just want to get this IF journey over with!

QOTW: It's all about portion control for me.  And trying to lay low on the booze. 

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    Maybe everyone has hit a rough patch then, not just us lol!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

• Options
    I'm keeping on track, no change in my weight.  I was really bad last week about exercising, AF made me exhausted.  I've tried to get back on track.

QOTW:  I plan on keeping up with my exercise schedule, not drinking excessively and trying not to over indulge.  I'm still going to treat myself, just not go crazy.
    BabyFruit Ticker'>*
    TTC #1 since January 2012  Dx: Unexplained infertility & hypothyroidism 
    8/13 BFP!    EDD:  April 25, 2014
  • Options
     1.  What is your weight loss/get healthy goal?   Lose 10 lbs through cutting sugar/processed foods/non-whole wheat/grain carbs, exercise regularly at least 20-30 minutes 5 days a week
       2. What method are you using to help reach your goal?   Trying new recipes, getting DH on board for the food changes, walking every work morning with my dog 1-2 miles, found a yoga studio
       3. What is your biggest weakness that you just can't resist?  chocolate and wine, but I'm doing better :)

QOTW:  We are gearing up on a very difficult time to try to stay Healthy with all of the Holidays coming up.  So what do you plan to do to keep yourself on track?  
    For Thanksgiving, my DH's family is already on board for the healthy eating bit (DH told them we were trying to be healthy!), though they are pretty bad when it comes to dessert and drink with meals/desserts/talking :)  If I am feeling particularly motivated, I will try to fill a larger portion of my plate with the healthier items, so there is less room for the unhealthy!!  I'm also bringing a 'healthy' cranberry sauce (just cranberries, OJ, honey, cinnamon!), instead of my usual famous pumpkin cheesecake.  My approach with dessert is to only have small pieces and only one glass of wine with meals that I will drink slowlyyyy!  The hardest part will probably be all the social events (aka drinking), but I'll definitely employ the nursing technique here with the drinks as well.  Also, we've scheduled a couple morning/lunch events with friends to cut down on it!

The one good thing about being diagnosed with PCOS is that it has really motivated me to prioritize my health/fitness goals.. I've been doing great for the last few weeks. I've only lost a couple pounds, but I def think my intake is healthier and the rest will follow soon enough!

Testing:  PCOS confirmed / HSG Clear / SA Good!
    Jan 2014: Femara 2.5mg + TI  
    [First treatment cycle.. wish me luck!!]

All Are Welcome - Feel free to message/PM me about PCOS
    Health Goals:  moving toward low processed sugar/low GI diet, daily vitamins, exercise goal 250 minutes a week (at least 150 high cardio/yoga)... 

• Options

MrsCPG said:

The one good thing about being diagnosed with PCOS is that it has really motivated me to prioritize my health/fitness goals.. I've been doing great for the last few weeks. I've only lost a couple pounds, but I def think my intake is healthier and the rest will follow soon enough!
    I think that is awesome.  I definitely think this is one of my flaws is I was diagnosed with it so young I didn't know what it really meant.  I never took it seriously and now it is so hard to back peddle and get myself on  a healthier track. 
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

• Options
    @hope2bmom83 Another thing I tell myself when I'm really struggling is 'Do you want ___ or do you want a baby?'  I've definitely stopped myself from quite a few unnecessary bad choices with that phrase.  Just gotta keep reminding myself of what the end goal is... I'm usually TERRIBLE at motivating myself to do anything, so I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself these days... I'm just hoping it's all worth it in the end, and gaining a healthier lifestyle for LIFE will be the first gift that my baby gives me!!

Testing:  PCOS confirmed / HSG Clear / SA Good!
    Jan 2014: Femara 2.5mg + TI  
    [First treatment cycle.. wish me luck!!]

All Are Welcome - Feel free to message/PM me about PCOS
    Health Goals:  moving toward low processed sugar/low GI diet, daily vitamins, exercise goal 250 minutes a week (at least 150 high cardio/yoga)... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"