Health & Exercise

Exercises for easier labor

What exercises do you recommend for easy labor, mommas?

1rst tri here
I do squats
15lb kettle swings
Modified pushups
Bicep tricep
Walking (swollen ovaries from IVZf don't allow me high intensity cardio)

Thanks!

Re: Exercises for easier labor

• I think being physically "fit" helps more than any specific exercises.  I don't mean being able to bench X amount, or running a 6 minute mile, or having 2% body fat, but just being active enough to contribute. 

I'm trying to think of way to make that make sense - Labor is almost marathon like (not speaking from experience, never ran a marathon).  It's long, and exhausting.  Your body is working hard both physically and mentally.  So being in shape is going to help you with endurance, with being able to push (which is especially exhausting if you have had a long labor), and with recovery after. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When we were trying to get LO to drop further during labor the nurses told me to do squats, lunges with one foot on the bed and the other on the floor, and exercises on all fours like dog pointers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp, that being in good shape will help with labor, as well as with recovery. There are many great benefits for the baby too so any exercise you can get in is great.

If you cannot do high intensity, I would suggest the elliptical, yoga, and weight training. You already mention some of the moves above but any of them are great. 

I do know that squats (all positions) are highly recommended for labor as well as walking so those are especially important as you get into the last few weeks of pregnancy. Also, kegels.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards