Toddlers: 24 Months+

item labeling for multiple kids

edited November 2013 in Toddlers: 24 Months+
I feel like such a novice asking this: how do you label your kids stuff (backpack, water bottles, snack cups, coats) when you use them for multiple kids?  

Examples: I don't want to label a coat for my older girl when I know in a year my younger girl will be wearing it next year.
I don't have labels on our water bottles because they go with different kids, different places on different days.
Same with bags: one day it gets packed for school for my 4-year-old, but later in the week it's a diaper bag for my toddler.
Or what about the tin whistle my 4-year-old uses in music class, which will get passed along to at least two more siblings...?

What do you do?

(I currently label things with masking tape and a sharpie, but it comes off so fast... I'd love to use permanent labels)
(I have a very very common last name, so I can't use that)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: item labeling for multiple kids

• The blank family.
    I Love You All the Way to the Moon and Back!
  • use the last name and use waterproof labels from Avery

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have two girls and ordered labels with our last name only in two different colors. Most label sellers that I've used (Label Daddy, Name Bubbles, Kiddo Tags) have twin-packs that allow you to do two different names or styles. 

This year I decided to just order DD2 some with her first and last name on them, because DD1 is in kindy now and needs fewer labels, but DD2's preschool is always asking us to send particular items for learning units (balls, items of clothing -- with labels so they can be returned) and so we go through a lot of them. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Put labels with both of their names on them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"