Pregnant after a Loss
Options

talk to me about cheese please

Have any of you had the white cheese from mexican restaurants...you know the kind you can get to dip chips in? I want to do a takeout order for some tonight since people are coming over. Do you know if it is ok for me to eat? I wasn't sure if it was pasteurized, I have been craving it but I don't want to eat it if I shouldn't

Re: talk to me about cheese please

• Options
    I would think so.  It reminds me of something like velveta which is a hard cheese and I'm pretty sure hard cheeses are all pasturized.
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I've heard that some mexican cheeses aren't pasteurized.  If its some place like Chilis or some chain, I wouldn't really worry about it.  If it's more "authentic" you can always ask the manager.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're talking queso blanco, right? Those cheeses are pastuerized. Unless it is an authentic queso blanco, the cheese has a possibility of being unpastuerized. But, since this is a commercial restaurant, the food service company that services these restaurants sell only pastuerized products.
  • Options

I don't think any restaurant would serve unpastuerized cheese (the liability is too high), but if you are unsure, just ask the manager.

• Options
    actually, i don't think it's pasteurized.  i think it's queso blanco or something and i remember hearing that it's not pasteurized.
  • Options
    Ask the manager, but that vast majority of cheese in the US is pasteurized. I think the law is it has to be or it has to be aged a minimum of 60 days.
  • Options

Yes - that type of cheese would be pasturized. And pp is correct - it is like Velveeta - which, actually is a cheese "product" and not really cheese at all. It's fine to eat if you like that sort of thing.

I ate goat cheese while pg at a Spanish restaurant.... no problems at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"