December 2010 Moms
Options

Birthdays and Christmas.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but what are you doing as far as gifts? Although Sam will get lots of gifts for her b-day (which is before x-mas), I don't want the tree to bare Christmas morning. So, approximately how many gifts are you getting your LO? So far, I have gotten her about 6 decent sized items. Also, any tips on what you are putting in their stockings?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Birthdays and Christmas.

• Options
    We don't open until after dinner Christmas Eve - so we have to look at a bunch of the gifts ALL DAY LONG (I am having just as much trouble with this as the kids - though I just want people to open my gifts :P )
    But he is just getting a few books from us, and maybe a puzzle. This three is going to be crowded with gifts - and last year he was tired after 10 gifts.
    <3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    For DD we have a combination  of a lot of disney stuff, that I will split between her birthday 12/10 and christmas.

We are undecided if we are going to get her a tablet of some sort of not, but even if we didn't I have plenty ... too much... already so it would be ok.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went a little crazy this year with C but can't think of anything for K :( poor kid already has everything she needs.  But for C we got her a table and chair set, lots of dress up cloths, barbies, movies, piggy paint nail polish.  For her stocking it will probably be some bubbles, coloring stuff, and fruit snacks...she freakin loves fruit snacks lol 

B-day will be a new bed set probably.  And we are also doing gymnastics and swim lessons during the winter. 
    photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We try to keep it to one big gift for Christmas and one big gift for his b-day.  He gets so much from family and friends for Christmas and his b-day.  Plus he already has SO MANY toys already.

For Christmas, we got DS a remote control plane from the movie Planes that he keeps seeing in the store ads and asking about.  For his stocking, I got him chocolate covered marshmallows (he loves marshmallows), Reese's pieces, Disney Cars socks, and a slinky.   It's tradition that I get him a new pair of holiday pajamas, but he gets those before Christmas so he can wear them on Christmas. 

For his birthday, we're giving him a scooter and The Lorax book.  He's addicted to The Lorax movie and it's tradition that I give him a book and write a special message in it for his birthday.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    For John, we are doing a backpack, about 6 books, two movies, a doctor set, some play food, and a kids telescope. Oh, and some Daniel Tiger toys (probably just the figurines of the characters and Trolley). For his birthday, DH got him a Power Wheels type tractor.

Baby Matt (that's what J calls him) will be getting a Curious George board book and blankie, a twilight turtle, and some pacifiers and other necessities. We spent way less this year than last year and I still feel like we went overboard!
  • Options
    J is obsessed, and when I say obsessed I mean it literally, with drums. Everything is a drum and he is constantly playing them at church and on the heads that are at IL's house. DH really wants to get him a real set for the house so we will probably leave it at that for Christmas. For his birthday, we are looking at a MMCH toy organizer for his room since it is in MMCH and airplanes. We might get a table and chair set to go with it. DH wants to start taking the kids on a mini vacation for Christmas instead of buying gifts because we want more memories instead of a bunch of junk cluttering the house

And of course he will get a pair of Christmas PJs on Christmas Eve

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    J is getting more for birthday (in size, probably similar in volume) than he is for Christmas. 

For birthday he's getting a Hot Wheels track he's been trying to get people to buy for him at the Children's Museum the past 4 times we've went and a carrying case for his Hot Wheels.  He's also getting a bike, helmet and pads and one other toy (or it might be 2... I can't remember), along with some clothes.

For Christmas he's getting his big gift from Santa, 2 smaller toys from us and some clothes.  He gets 4 Christmases (immediate in-laws Christmas Eve to celebrate BIL's birthday, our private one Christmas morning, extended in-laws around lunch and my family around dinner) so he'll be getting presents off and on from Christmas Eve until about 6 Christmas Day, so he won't be lacking for gifts. 
  • Options
    Christmas? Hmmm... We haven't gotten that far yet. I'm impressed how many of you have bought all your gifts already! His bday is tomorrow and we got him a balance bike. For Xmas, we want to get him the talking Daniel tiger doll. That's all we know so far.
  • Options

S's birthday is 12/24 so we try not to go overboard with gifts since there are lots of family and friends also buying for her.

For DD's birthday we are doing a Hello Kitty theme so she is getting all HK stuff - a reusable bag, a purse, a battery operated toothbrush and toothpaste, stickers, sticker book, coloring book, hair brush and clips, mega blocks, and a mini sized scrapbook kit.

For Christmas she'll get 3 wrapped gifts - 2 from us and one from Santa, plus her stocking stuffers.  Her main gift is a Doc McStuffins doll with her accesories, and she's getting lots of clothes from clearance racks (enough to shove into a shoe box), and her last gift will be leap frog learning books.  We have only gotten flash cards and play dough for her stocking so far.

Everything I bought, besides the Doc McStuffins set was all on clearance too

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Options

For his birthday L is getting a game and 1 other toy.  For Christmas he's getting a Dr. kit, another game, some PJ's and a few books. 

A is getting blockes, a shape sorter things, PJ's and books. 

Stockings...  not sure.  Not sure what Santa is bringing yet either.  We don't want to get them a ton of stuff, since all of our parents and my brother buy too, and we only have so much space!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    C gets three from us and three from Santa.  So far, I he's getting Superman rainboots/jacket, a small subscription to Kiwi Crate, and a some German language kids dvds.  (Yeah, that's a little forced there for CHristmas, I know! )
    ;))

Other than that, probably a couple books, some new paints, and the M&D fireman dress-up set.  I'm thrifty so buy everything on sale, and we try not to get too much b/c of the relatives and birthday gifts.  (Birthday is sleeping bag and Thomas dvd.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ummmmm, I have no idea lol.  I'm usually on the ball with Christmas gifts but this year I've bee terrible.

We were thinking of getting Griff one of those kid tablets for his birthday but we're still thinking about it.  He has just about every kind of toy on earth so I'm running out of ideas lol.  He's really into super heros so maybe we'll get him some action figures?  No idea.

For Christmas I think we'll get a bunch of those matchbox toy cars for the boys' stocking stuffers.  And maybe one big gift for the both of them?  Maybe a lego table?  Ugh, I suck.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
  • Options
    I think we're getting B a kids camera (or a really cheap adult digital camera) for Christmas and stomp rockets for his birthday. I think Santa's going to bring him a road/train track rug. My mom's giving him my old Fisher Price airport set, but I know she's going to want to get him something new too. Baby cheapskates has lists of "toys that et played with" by ages and I'm using that to give the grandparents and aunts suggestions.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    kj07 said:
    I think we're getting B a kids camera (or a really cheap adult digital camera) for Christmas and stomp rockets for his birthday. I think Santa's going to bring him a road/train track rug. My mom's giving him my old Fisher Price airport set, but I know she's going to want to get him something new too. Baby cheapskates has lists of "toys that et played with" by ages and I'm using that to give the grandparents and aunts suggestions.

we have the stomp rocket and it is a HUGE HUGE hit with our kids.

• Options
    Jack is getting a few small things for his birthday. The toy story 3 movie, a woody doll, and a set of toy tools. For Christmas we are getting him a bike, which I am so excited for him to have! So he is also getting knee and elbow pads, and probably a bell for it in his stocking. DH wants to get him an RC monster truck as well, but we'll see. I got a couple of things the boys can share as Ronan gets older as well.

I feel like we need to put away some of our existing toys for a couple of months, or donate them. December is such a toy storm, especially from family. :/
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    We do Christmas eve at my in-laws, Christmas morning at our house, late morning and brunch with my parents, and dinner with husband's grandparents. I'm not worried about gifts. :) We got him a train set for his birthday and for Christmas a sit n spin, a couple of puzzles, a board game, and I'm making him a stuffed robot and pjs. I'll probably just toss one of the trains from the set into his stocking. Maybe a matchbox car? I haven't done stocking shopping yet. He needs some new markers, so maybe some of those. He also loves paint and all other manner of art supplies, so maybe I'll hit up the art area of Walmart soon for his stocking. The bigger issue is my husband's stocking. It's always so hard to fill!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"