How close to bedtime is your LO's last meal of solids? — The Bump
March 2013 Moms

How close to bedtime is your LO's last meal of solids?

I am starting to give my DS a small meal in the evening now that his appetite is growing.  Coincidently I am having a super hard time getting him down for the night which could be driven by many factors - teething, time change, food, or just trying to give me a hard time :)

I am wondering if there is an "ideal" gap in time from the last solid meal and bedtime.  Right now his last meal is at 5pm and he should be going to bed between 7 and 7:30.  Would love to hear from others on this.  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Re: How close to bedtime is your LO's last meal of solids?

• PinkandLove77PinkandLove77 member
    edited November 2013
    DS has a bottle around 4 pm, solids between 5-5:30, and his final bottle at 7:30 before bed at 8:30. He sleeps until 5:30 am for a bottle.

EDIT: adding solids had no change on his sleeping, btw. But he's never given us a fit at bedtime. 
  • SidraJediSidraJedi member
    edited November 2013
    It's about three hours between dinner and bedtime for DD.

ETA: sometimes it can be only two hours
  • Loading the player...
  • We feed her an hour before bed and dd sttn. No real problems at bedtime either.
  • My son's last meal is around 4 or 5 and he has about 7oz at 7/715 right before bed.
  • DS has solids at 5-6pm and goes to bed at 8.
  • DD usually eats at around 5pm and goes to bed at 7pm.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • usually last meal around 4-5p, but have fed as late as 7p with bedtime between 6:30-7:30 (lately 5:30-6:30 bedtime) Haven't noticed a difference between food or bottle as a last meal. Sometimes, if DD eats a big meal, she won't even take a bottle before bed and still sleeps through the night

Anniversary

• DD has been eating her dinner earlier lately, because her mid-afternoon bottle has been dropped. So dinner is about 5-5:30 and she gets a bottle before she goes down for the night, between 6:30 & 7. 
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards