December 2013 Moms
Options

Changing pad doesn't fit

I realize this is a small issue in the scheme of things but we got an ikea changing table and a naturepedic organic changing pad and the pad is too long. Foolishly I thought these things were all standard sizes like cribs and crib mattresses. Anyone have experience with either the ikea table being too short or the changing pad being too long? I need to know who to be mad at. They both cost the same price but the naturepedic was the only pothyethylene foam organic cover one I could find so I guess I need to find a new table. Total bummer.
**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

Re: Changing pad doesn't fit

• Options
    The pads all seem to be different sizes. When I was looking forward a pad to fit the top of our dresser, it took me a few to find the one that would look good.

We have the same one, btw. Fits great.
  • Options
    Oh and i would be mad at Ikea...they make funky sized things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KateMW said:
    Oh and i would be mad at Ikea...they make funky sized things.

*shakes fist at ikea*
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    I feel like all of the changing pads are too big.. we bought one from BRU and it was huge compared to the size of the table. I just gave up on finding one for now before I know how much ill actually be using the changing table.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's aggravating. And i am totally gonna say something my H would say but cant you just cut the pad to fit the table? If you have a cover no one will know and you wont need a new pad....That's just me though. I'm cheap and lazy and don't want to go out to do things if i don't need to.

• Options
    cpm1223cpm1223 member
    edited November 2013
    Lurker from Jan '14... I also have an ikea changing table and it's 30" long instead of the standard 32" that most changing pads are. The only one that I can find that is 30" is from target but it's not organic or anything. Here's the link: https://www.target.com/p/l-a-baby-contour-changing-pad/-/A-10462365#prodSlot=large_1_4&term=Changing+pad

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    I got my crib with changing table for my first little one from target, and had a similar issue. I got the changing pad home and realized that they were not standard in size. I ended up measuring it and going to a local baby store and finding one that fit (tight), but I'm sure you might be able to measure and find something online. You will probably have to find special size changing pad covers too. Good luck.
  • Options
    Oh no. I thought they were all standard size too! *runs to get tape measure*
  • Options
    I think munchkin makes a smaller sized changing pad. Check target!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    Yes, our table measures 31 inches long and so we had to go with the 30 inch changing pad. I got ours at Buy Buy Baby.

FYI - the standard pad cover worked fine on it though since it just wraps around like a fitted sheet.
  • Options
    With DD I didn't realize the pads were all different sizes.  Super annoying.  I had bought covers from PBK, washed them, and went to put one on....realized they were the wrong size.  They actually took them back which was amazing.  Then someone had given me a couple they had, and those didn't work either. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"