Bangs or no bangs on toddler girls? 115 votes

Bangs
20% 23 votes
No bangs
68% 79 votes
SS
11% 13 votes

Re: Bangs or no bangs on toddler girls?

• My plan was for DD not to have bangs, but I feel like her hair is always in her face and she just looks raggedy. I have noticed alot of the little girls in our new mom's group have bangs. I'm torn. I just hate that if we get them and decide we don't want them we will have to grow them out.
  • I'm not a fan and wouldn't want to deal with having to get their air cut often enough for bangs to stay neat. My girls rarely get their hair cut, just when it looks really shaggy and since they both wear it long that's infrequent. I know a lot of people trim it themselves but I seriously can't cut a straight line so there's no way I could do it myself.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just remember what a pain it was to grow my out after having them for years. It was terrible.  I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Never cut bangs!!
  • Alright then, there appears to be a clear consensus! You guys can be so helpful! :)
  • I am on the other side. I love the look of bangs on little girls. It is so traditional. Also, my kids always have their hair in their eyes (whispies) without them. I grow them out in kinder of 1st grade. I just use those little rubber bands like you would use in a babies hair to hold them back while they are growing out. Their hair grows so fast it doesn't take that long.
    Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • IMO (just as with adults) it depends on the kid. I don't think bangs look bad a little girls as long as they're not in their eyes but I like them pulled back with a clip or elastic too. DD's hair is super curly (like Shirley Temple type curls) and I've only trimmed it a few times just to avoid the mullet look. I can't wait for it to get longer! I don't plan to cut her bangs right now but who knows. My niece has stick straight hair with bangs and they're really cute on her.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did DDs a few months ago and I love it and don't regret it at all. She always had this piece of hair that fell right in front of her eyes that we'd always have to do ponytails in her hair since she just pulled out clips. It was super easy to cut straight. I tied the pieces I wanted in her bangs in a baby elastic and just cut right above it. They look so cute and are a cinch to maintain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • eaglesfan700eaglesfan700 member
    edited November 2013
    DD had them for a while and I loved them on her. We just grew them out a couple months ago to change it up and it didn't take long at all. She looked adorable with them.

ETA - getting them trimmed was NBD, it was $3 at our local place
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I loved DD with bangs. But she irrationally thought every time if or the stylist tried to trim them we were going to cut her eyes. She would sob, no don't slice my eyes. With her sensory issues we realized no bangs were better. She still looks cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were growing DD1's bangs out. She is four and said said she wanted them long. However, her hair grows slow and after a month she said she wanted them cut so I *gasp* cut them myself. She looks just fine and personally with the type of hair she has, it was starting to look shaggy as they got longer. I really am impartial to bangs though at this age.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My sister/mom were upset that I didn't do bangs with my kids but DD1 & DD3 have curly hair so their bangs would never lay flat.
    DD2 I could do and our hairdresser has asked.  I hated growing mine out, so I avoid it.
  • I prefer no bangs.  When DD was a toddler, her hair was always in her face and she wouldn't keep anything in her hair.  I made the mistake of having bangs cut.  They are a big hassle.  Her hair grows fast and I frequently had to get them trimmed.  I'm terrible at doing it myself.  About a year ago, we decided to grow them out.  It was a pain at first, but I'm so glad we made that decision.  I really like the look of no bangs and no more trims. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Thanks again. Her hair seems to have a little wave to it. DH trimmed it a couple of times before we got it professionally cut and I think he did cut her bangs a little too much so I guess we are kind of growing them out at this point, but better now than later I guess.

She is starting to do better about leaving the clips in. I have been struggling with getting her hair into a ponytail, but I'm getting better. Thanks again!
  • Bangs with curly hair is not a good look, but with straight hair can look cute. Just depends on the kid and hair type.
  • It seems like most of the little girls I see have bangs, but my almost-3-year old does not, nor will she ever (unless she is old enough to decide she wants them!) It's just easier for us, and I know I won't keep up on regular bang cuts.  But bangs do look super cute on some girls, just depends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"