February 2014 Moms
Options

Rhogam shot sucks!

We talked about this shot a few days ago. Hold sheesh, that thing knocked me on my ass! Probably not a typical reaction but I got mine today, they made me stay for observation for 30 minutes which is their standard. I kinda wondered why, but shrugged it off. I left and while I'm on the elevator I started getting so dizzy and sleepy. I barely made it home because it made me soooo tired! I thought I was going to have to pull over to sleep in my car. I made it home and just passed out in bed and slept a good 4 hours. I'm super grogey but now functional. And I was having a lot of BH which have calmed now. This mommy and baby did not like that one bit. I'm so glad I didn't have to go back to work! I wouldn't have made it. I don't remember feeling like this last time at all. And the burn was terrible too. Glad that's over!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rhogam shot sucks!

• Options
    Ugh!  I have to get mine Dec. 3rd.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you had such a terrible experience! I got mine yesterday and was actually surprised at how easy and painless it was. The shot itself burned a tiny bit but I prefer it over the flu or tdap because at least this one didn't leave my arm sore at all. They made me wait 10 mins after I got it and I got slightly dizzy but nothing major at all.

Good luck to the rest of the ladies getting it soon!

First BFP 5/29/13 : )

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had rhogam several times and never had any reaction at all. Sorry you did!

I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    mdr619mdr619 member
    edited November 2013
    Oh wow!  Sorry you had that reaction.  I had mine on Monday and aside from the shot stinging a bit, I had no problems with it. 
  • Options
    I've had 6 Rhogam shots and they've all been pretty painless and I've never had a reaction like that. In fact my flu shot was way worse than any rhogam shot has ever been.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @wookieescookies I'm sorry about your reaction to the shot.

I had one after my m/c last year, but I don't remember it being bad. I have to get mine next Tuesday.

LO is a girl and I hope she is Rh+ so she doesn't have to deal with this.
    Baby Girl! photo photo-3.jpgphoto 03_Portraits_0537.jpg
    BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options
    I get mine next Wednesday, along with all the regular 28 week bloodwork and my 1 hour GD test. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've had 2 this year and they were nothing. In fact, when I got the first one, I was coming off of anesthesia from my D&C and hardly remember it, so when I knew I was going to get one this past week, I was a little worried based on what everyone here has been saying. I barely felt it. I'm not sure what the big deal is and why there are so many posts complaining about it.

You're not sure? Maybe because of exactly what I posted. It hurts, and it can have side effects. This was not my first one either and the last time I did not have this experience. Great for you that it was a walk in the park.

I looked up the side effects after I already slept it off, if the nurse had told me the possible side effects I could have known, this was something I needed to call the doctor over, unusual tiredness is listed as something I should have sought medical attention for on their warning label. I should have turned around and went back to the office.
  • Options

Wow, retract the claws. You have your opinion. I have mine. Simmer down @WookieesCookies.

Hmm, not so much an opinion. An experience. That you trivialized. Thanks.
  • Options
    JordyInIndyJordyInIndy member
    edited November 2013
    Wow, retract the claws. You have your opinion. I have mine. Simmer down @WookieesCookies.
    Hmm, not so much an opinion. An experience. That you trivialized. Thanks.
    The OP is probably doing more harm than good. There are a lot of women here who have never had one and you've now scared the shit out of them. 

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    allie76 said:
    @wookieescookies I'm sorry about your reaction to the shot.

I had one after my m/c last year, but I don't remember it being bad. I have to get mine next Tuesday.

LO is a girl and I hope she is Rh+ so she doesn't have to deal with this.
    Being Rh- isn't exactly something you have to "deal with". It's two shots.

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ZAngelZAngel member
    edited November 2013
    I had a lot of burning when I got the shot with my first pregnancy 15 years ago but it went away pretty fast.

Luckily DH is negative blood type as well so I don't have to get them anymore.  Yay!
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Women are going to have a lot of different and sometimes negative experiences throughout pregnancy. A girl on November recently had her intestines burst through her c-section incision days after giving birth. Does this mean she was trying to scare anyone? No, sharing a experience that she was free to share, just like I was. It's not something that happens often, but it can happen and it's not meant to scare anyone headed towards a c-section.
  • Options
    Is it weird that I don't know what a rhogam shot is?  Off to google!
  • Options
    Ya, I think it got blown out of purportion way before when I was supposedly "doing harm" and "scaring the shit out of everyone" by saying a shot made me tired...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"