Preemies

endoscopy experience?

Anyone have experience with their LO's having an endoscopy? LO is almost 12 months adjusted but still having issues with reflux. She's been on meds for months (zantac and Prilosec) and on nutramigen. We've been keeping her dairy free because we think she's MPSI. She has an upper GI a while ago also. GI dr doesn't want to just keep increasing her doses and wants to look to get a better idea of what is going on to check inflammation and also wants to do some tissue biopsies while he's there to see if maybe their's an allergy going on that we haven't diagnosed yet (she was blood tested for celiac but he said that test isn't always reliable and allergy tested for milk and soy which were both negative). She'll be having it done at a local children's hospital and they are going to put her under general anesthesia. I'm just not sure what to expect....
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: endoscopy experience?

• I don't have experience with it but wanted to offer T's & P's. Hopefully this is what they need to properly diagnose your LO's issues and get them corrected.

My nephew has celiac disease and it took them quite awhile to diagnose it, but that was 18 years ago. He was very sick early on and had trouble gaining weight. He ended up having to eat only soy formula in order to keep it down and stop losing weight. He's now a happy, healthy 18 year old. He knows exactly what he can & cannot eat and has no issues with it any longer. He's also lactose intolerant. He can eat a small amount of milk on his cereal but that's it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Jenrn2203Jenrn2203 member
    edited November 2013
    It's super quick like 15 min but it takes longer to sedate them and get started and finished, and u get pics after , my daughter is in the same boat as your child and is getting a second egd with biopsies as well this time ,they r changing her peg tube to a Mickey button as well at the same time (she developed an oral adversion from reflux) she's an ex 24 weeker now 6 months adjusted age 10 actual , good luck! Let us kno the results!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"