Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Thanksgiving

So we are checking into the hospital tonight to begin the induction and say goodbye to our sweet boy. I know it will be a process to grieve and get through this but now I'm thinking about the holidays that I was so excited for previously. We're going to see my mom's side of the family for a week at Thanksgiving.  My mom has told them what happened so that I didn't have to, for which I'm very grateful. But now I have to go spend a week with these people that I love, but many of  which won't know what to say or how to "deal" me.  And rightfully so, I'm going through it and I wouldn't know what to say to someone else at this point. I just think it's going to be a really uncomfortable week. Trying to be positive and thankful for some great people that are in my life but it's just really gonna suck. 

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

Re: Thanksgiving

• Options
    schulme2schulme2 member
    edited November 2013
    I'm so sorry. I hope today goes as well as possible. I'm 6 months out and still don't like to/want to see people. It's so hard to try to be ok in front of people and watch them try to figure out what to say to you. It will get easier and you will get through this!
  • Options
    I will be thinking of you and your son today and sending thoughts of peace. 

I am only spending 2 days away from home traveling for Thanksgiving this year and worry that it might still be too much for me.  I know for me, after Jesse was born I needed to just have the freedom to cry, lay in bed, be by myself and watch tv etc.  If you do travel, I hope you will feel supported and not like you are being forced to put on a smile for everyone.  Those first few days are really difficult. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***Siggy warning***

Last year, we lost Elsie a few weeks before Christmas. The Christmas holidays were really hard to get through. For the most part, when I went to a new gathering, I simply made sure to see everyone right off (so no one would seek me out and be awkward.) They then pretty much let me do whatever I needed. I went on walks, I remember staring out a window for a while, not always being engaged in conversation. Most people let me be, let me do what I needed to do. I hope they are able to give you that as well. Do not feel like you have to put on a show or always be okay. Its ok to grieve. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    ((hugs)) wishing you a smooth delivery. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

Do what's best for you. If you need to hide out while you're around the family, then do that. My mom scrapped Thanksgiving plans last year because I didn't want to deal with people - I know that probably isn't possible for you, but do not feel bad if you do not want to deal with anyone. I know it will be hard, but I do hope you can find some support and comfort with your family being around, too.

I'll be thinking of you and your family today and through the weekend. Sending so many hugs your way.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thinking of you and your family. Just be open and honest with them, and if you can't participate that's fine. We're changing up our traditions this year because it is just to hard.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    Honestly, I told my DH that I wasn't up for spending thanksgiving with all of us family and extended family and just want to stay home with my immediate family, where I know there won't be awkward comments and conversations. He understood and fielded all the issues with his mom. I realize this isn't an option for everyone, but I think you need to do what you need to do. Right now it's okay to be a little selfish and protect yourself. If it's just to take some time alone away from everyone, or just to say you don't want to talk about it, right now it's just about survival. I'm so sorry we all have to deal with this.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    T & P as you go through delivery.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Options
    Siggy warning

Last year we lost Elliott and Ryland at the beginning of December. We skipped a lot of Christmas stuff, but ended up going to my family's celebration. It was hard. I did what I needed to to get through it by playing with my niece and pretending. When some of the "extra" people in our family had left I somehow ended up talking about what had happened and even showing them pictures of Elliott and Ryland. It was hard, but I wouldn't change being able to share them with my aunts and cousins for anything. It felt right to me to talk and share and let them know how wonderful my babies were.

Just remember to do what you need to do for yourself. Please do not feel like you need to be somewhere or fake it for others. Right now, this time is all about you and your SO. Don't try to please everyone or act the way they want you too. That was one of the hardest things for me to grasp as I'm usually a people pleaser, but there was no way for me to react the way everyone expected me to. I'm so sorry you're going through this especially so close to a holiday where you'll be surrounded by people. Just try and take the time out for yourself that you need and don't apologize for anything. I'll be thinking about you and your sweet boy and praying for you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I agree with everyone about doing what is best for you. It's also okay if what is best for you is putting on a fake smile for everyone. I know I'm in the minority but I'm very private about my loss. I don't like sharing my feelings with anyone besides a very select few and for me it helps to pretend to be normal. it helps me to put my pain aside for a little while. sometimes I have to do some deep breathing in the bathroom to stop the tears but it's the way I cope and everyone is different. Don't worry about anyone else. do what's best for you! you are in my thoughts and prayers. there is no right answer for something like this. also you don't have to go anywhere you don't want to right now. family will understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"