Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Lightweight Umbrella Stroller - good for infant +

I'm looking for recs of lightweight umbrella strollers that are small enough to fit in a coat closet but durable enough for long walks... also would love to use it with an infant to toddler phase.

I've heard great things about the Uppababy g-luxe but I recently saw it in person and think it might be too big.

Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lightweight Umbrella Stroller - good for infant +

• Options
    I've had the G-luxe for 2 years and love it. It's really lightweight and easy to use. Great UV sunshade, a must have for outdoor walks. Did you pick it up? Sometimes looks are deceiving.

Other umbrellas I like are the Maclarens and the Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella. If your using it with a smaller baby your going to want a decent recline but something sturdy and big enough for a 30-40lb toddler. You also want something tall enough, so your not hunched when you walk KWIM. My advice is to play with the strollers. How they steer, fold, & carry will help you choose the right one.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

If you think the G-luxe is too big then I think you might need to adjust your expectations.  It folds up about as small as they get while being a high quality umbrella.   Its super lightweight too.

I think its a great travel stroller, but I wouldn't want it to be my everyday stroller.  But I have 4 other strollers so I am instantly comparing them.  We started using our G-luxe when DD was 11 months for a trip to Hawaii.  It does recline, but not sure if its ideal for a baby less than 6 months.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Chicco umbrella stroller that I use pretty much exclusively for my son.  I believe the newer one can actually be used with their infant car seat too.  I wish mine could do that for the next kid!
  • Options
    I started using my G-luxe when DS was 3 months old. It was fine reclined.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"