Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Self feed with spoon?

Anyone's LO learning to feed themselves with a spoon yet?
I give DD the spoon sometimes while she eats so she can just play with it and put it in her mouth.  Hard to imagine her using it correctly any time soon

Re: Self feed with spoon?

• Oh jeez, I am not even thinking about that yet with my DS. Maybe at 14 months or so...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • She uses the fork pretty well for a few minutes, then she throws it and we start over. If I preload a spoon she does it right, but then she still throws it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Not even thinking about it yet

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She uses the fork pretty well for a few minutes, then she throws it and we start over. If I preload a spoon she does it right, but then she still throws it.

This exactly.
  • I let him play with a spoon while I feed him, sometimes he's happy that way and other times he'll fight me tooth and nail to feed himself just to spill it on his shirt or something lol. When we do finger foods I offer him a fork and I stab the food and he puts it in his mouth and then gives me back the fork.. sometimes, other times it's across the room.
  • DD can use the spoon for yogurt and oatmeal, or anything thick because she usually puts it into her mouth upside down. She can feed herself the whole bowl, I don't have to preload. She also uses the fork pretty well, we have toddler forks that let her stab pretty easily (all plastic doesn't work). She is really into using utensils. DD1 was the same way. I didn't push it, I've just been giving them to her since we started BLW at 6 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DS waves it/throws it/hits things with it. I don't foresee him using utensils for their traditional eating purposes any time soon.
  • We also do blw and do preloaded spoons. She does great with it. We started solids at just after 7 months. Then started with spoons arounf 8 months. She took to them straight away.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"