Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Where do you store all your baby gear?

So we have a swing, a bouncer, a walker, two strollers, two car seats, and TONS of toys and clothes. My husband and I just moved in with my parents, and there isn't a lot of room for all this stuff. DD has her own room, but it's pretty full already. Any suggestions on how or where to store all this stuff? My mom's living/dining room is starting to look like a nursery.

Re: Where do you store all your baby gear?

• Options
    They sella stroller hook that goes on the back of a door... we got it on amazon and love it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We just sold a bunch of stuff at our local consignment store and on craigslist. I didn't want to store it anymore and I figured I could just re-buy new or used if I need the gear again.

Previously I had everything dismantled, in boxes and in the garage.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    alakealake member
    edited November 2013
    We had it stored in the garage on a shelving unit between our two large over head doors.
    I was saving it for a garage sale, but now that my cousin is expecting I shipped 90% of the gear that had accumulated there to her, other than car seats (I live in a different country)
  • Options
    I guess "store" is the wrong word. I don't know where to put things in my parents' house. My mom keeps her Pack-n-Play in the dining room. (She has her own, and mine is in a storage unit I rent.) I use the other items almost daily, so putting them in my storage unit doesn't work. The dining room is just getting taken over by baby stuff. My parents haven't used their dining room in years, but I still feel like there must be a better place/solution.

I like the idea of the stroller hook that hangs over the door, and the Rubbermaid totes for smaller items. I think I just need to overhaul DD's room and reorganize things. It's the bigger items that I don't know where to put.
  • Options
    How about a garage shelving / hook system? Ottoman with storage or entry bench with storage? Can't help too much b/c we don't know what your house looks like. I also recently saw an idea to make an over the bed headboard of storage cubes with matching storage blocks/cubbies on each side. GL!
    March Siggy Challenge .. What I miss the most during pregnancy

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like you need to get some organizational system.  I've found getting some cubbies and blocks to store toys, and bins for larger items could be helpful.  Also diaper stacker, and other closet organizers.  I would also go through items to see what items could be stored and try to make room the best you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"