TTC after 35
Options

Very faint line in WONDFO stick

Hi.  I'm new here.  Just wanted to know if anyone has ever taken one if the wondfo hcg tests and gotten an extremely faint line in the test area.  I took one earlier and today is 10 dpo and there was an extremely faint line.  So faint you probably wouldn't even notice it, but when I held it to the natural light, there was a line.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Very faint line in WONDFO stick

• Options
    Did you get the line in the 5 min window? If you did congrats!

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    back it up with a FRER and go from there, good luck and let us know!
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    a line is a line....I am going to assume you really didn't know that.  Drive by BFP's are not received well on these boards, but I wish you the best. 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback, ladies.  I believe what I got was an evaporation line and maybe a bad batch of WONFOS.  That's why I was asking.  And I truly appreciate that you took the time to respond back to me.  :)  I guess we'll just keep trying over here.  I kept staring at that line and just hoping it was pink.  :(

To address ksgsmu, if you were trying to patronize me, you did a lovely job.  If I were meek, perhaps I would have read your post and never returned to the board.  I had a valid question for a public forum.  I've been reading different boards on this site for a year and have gotten some great information without participating.  So, it appears I will be posting here now.  I'm 39 and still TTC. 
    I wish you all the best and look forward to finally participating!

Happy weekend!
  • Options

I'm sure @ksgsmu was just trying to protect the gals on this board who have been on here quite a while and had many disappointing and downright devasting IF experiences. It can be hurtful to have someone who hasn't intro'd themselves to us start talking about their bfp in their very first posting.  Hopefully you can understand that.

Please stick around and get to know us and let us get to know you. We will cheer you on through this sometimes difficult process and also support you when or if you are have difficulties.  If you choose to stay off this board I still wish you luck in your journey.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Options
    ksgsmuksgsmu member
    edited November 2013
    @platinummomdotcom

I am sorry you were offended.  I am not sorry for protecting the ladies on this board.  You only had 2 posts on the bump and one of them was a BFP post.... you hadn't even done an intro on this board so yes it is considered a drive by.  For ladies struggling month after month who have built relationships on this board it isn't well perceived. It down right hurts.  I don't think you were trolling I just don't think you knew the etiquette. It wasn't the question  you asked it was how you asked it.  It is a public forum but we also have rules on how we treat each other on the board.  This board is very lenient compared to most. If you had posted that on TTTC or TTC you would have been ripped to shreds.  I am sorry if me telling you was insensitive to you.. I could have phrased my response a different way.

We welcome you on this board and are here to support and encourage you and we hope you will do the same in return.  That is all we ask is for mutual support and respect.  Hope we can move on from this.

As for your test... keep testing with a FRER... Hope you get your BFP soon.

PrivateOne for backing me up on what I was trying to say.

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    ksgsmu said:
    @platinummomdotcom

I am sorry you were offended.  I am not sorry for protecting the ladies on this board.  You only had 2 posts on the bump and one of them was a BFP post.... you hadn't even done an intro on this board so yes it is considered a drive by.  For ladies struggling month after month who have built relationships on this board it isn't well perceived. It down right hurts.  I don't think you were trolling I just don't think you knew the etiquette. It wasn't the question  you asked it was how you asked it.  It is a public forum but we also have rules on how we treat each other on the board.  This board is very lenient compared to most. If you had posted that on TTTC or TTC you would have been ripped to shreds.  I am sorry if me telling you was insensitive to you.. I could have phrased my response a different way.

We welcome you on this board and are here to support and encourage you and we hope you will do the same in return.  That is all we ask is for mutual support and respect.  Hope we can move on from this.

As for your test... keep testing with a FRER... Hope you get your BFP soon.

PrivateOne for backing me up on what I was trying to say.

You said it quite appropriately, ksg, and you're right, any other board this post would have been ripped a new one. OP, being asked to mind the rules/etiquette of a community is not patronizing, it's how life works. If you were out in real life, would you walk into a support group full of women who've been TTC for a long time, bring out your peestick, and just ask them to tell you about your possible BFP? I'm guessing no, because only a sociopath would do that. This board is a community, not a board of strangers and definitely not a drive-by version of google, it's appropriate and expected to do a proper intro and get to know the other ladies here for a time rather than bursting on the scene with a 'could I be pregnant' post. The old adage 'give support to get support' applies to these boards, just as it does in real life. If you stick around, get to know people, and offer support when you can, you'll get the same back. Pretty simple really!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    Hi there.  I don't know the etiquette, and as I said, I have been reading for a while, so i just jumped in!  I never read this board and I figured this would be the best place to post.  If I hurt anyone, I am so sorry.  I am not an inconsiderate person. I was so into my own situation, I didn't really think that many of you have been trying for some time and me just busting in was rude.

I am so sorry.  :(

• Options
    And @gscoville - where does one find the "rules"?  When I came in to post there wasn't a banner of rules.

I'd love to read the etiquette of this board.  How did I not know there were rules?  Did I miss something?  (really)  

Thanks
  • Options
    gscovillegscoville member
    edited November 2013
    And @gscoville - where does one find the "rules"?  When I came in to post there wasn't a banner of rules.

I'd love to read the etiquette of this board.  How did I not know there were rules?  Did I miss something?  (really)  

Thanks

Most of the Bump boards do have rules posted (they're sticky posts that stay at the top of the page), they're pretty standard across the boards. This board in particular doesn't have them posted as such, but most women here also frequent several of the other boards so the rules are known pretty widely. Both TTCAL and TTGP have fairly good blogs outlining how things work best, you could check those out if you'd like as they apply fairly generally to here too. I believe you weren't posting in malice, and it would probably not be a bad idea for this board to post some rules/etiquette just as the others do - to be honest, we just don't get very much through traffic on this board that isn't people who are already members of the others, so this situation doesn't come up very often.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    We are working on rules just like TTGP and they should be up by the first of the year....

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    I think I just got off on the wrong foot here.  I sort of just ran in and posted without taking into consideration other poster's feelings.  I see that now.  

Please know that there was no malice on my part.  I can understand that this is more of a "community" than a random post site, and I hope to eventually become a part of it.  I will do a proper intro when I am ready.  But also understand that I posted for some information not knowing I was going to upset/offend anyone.  Perhaps the future posted rules will be helpful.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"