Breastfeeding
Options

Another blood in stool update, this time good

Just to follow up on my previous post from last week, I wanted to let you guys know what happened. I went to another pedi for a second opinion and to a pedi GI, and both said to keep breastfeeding (yay!). Contrary to what my original pedi said, they said there is no issue with his weight gain, no risk for anemia and no risk of long term damage. They both think it will work itself out and I need to give it a little more time being dairy and soy free. It does seem like his poops are getting better, but I'm still seeing some blood every day (sometimes a very small amount that I have to really examine the poop to see). I also feel like it's been 4 weeks dairy free and 3 weeks soy free so I was hoping it would be gone by now... but the new doctors don't seem overly concerned. Pedi GI said other allergies were really rare and that I don't need to eliminate anything else. I have a follow up appt with the pedi GI in a month and am thinking about permanently switching pedis. I just can't believe how much my original pedi scared me with false information, and how quick they were to tell me to switch to formula. Not to mention the allergist who said, "Can I ask why you're so hell-bent on breastfeeding?"

Bottom line, we have to be advocates for ourselves and really fight for breastfeeding. If I didn't question the doctors I would have had to stop breastfeeding by now. Thanks for all your support!
Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
Early loss 10/08
Lap 1/09
IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
2 frosties but don't know what's next
FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!

Re: Another blood in stool update, this time good

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"