May 2012 Moms
Options

Blankets in crib

So it's cold. DD has had a A&A blanket in her crib for a while but she just balls it up and hugs it for the most part. I've tried putting a fleece blanket in and she HATES it. Like full body fit, kicking and screaming, if it's on top of her. Same with sleep sacks. She also doesn't seem to like footie pjs (wakes up, restless, ect).
I assume if she gets cold enough she'll pull it on.

Anyone else having blanket battles? DS was so excited when he got a big blanket this is just weird to me.

image   image

Re: Blankets in crib

• Options
    picklesxpicklesx member
    edited November 2013
    My little guy likes being tucked in and hugging his stuffed animals at bedtime, and will ask for his "aminals" and blankets when he lays down for bed or naps. but within a few minutes he'll have rolled around and no longer has a blanket on him or his stuffed animals under his arms.

Also he sleeps in 2 pc pajama sets and hasnt worn footie PJs in close to a year but when we put him down for naps with socks on he just pulls them off. I dont know if it's because he doesnt like them or because they're just something else to play with!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    littleredfishlittleredfish member
    edited November 2013

She loves her blankets, but only to bunch them in a pile to sleep on top of them. I just put her in warm jammies and sometimes go in and cover her as we're going to sleep. She kicks them off at some point in the night, but it makes me feel better since I can't imagine seeping without some sort of cover at least touching me lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    He hates blankets but will tolerate footie Pjs once they're on, but cries when I go to put the feet on, my California kid also hates socks lol. If it is really cold I'll add a hoodie on top but he also hates hoods so a sweater would work just as well.
  • Options
    Haha. At least I'm not alone. We keep our house at 68 at night and it's an older house so her room (on the SW corner of the house) will drop into the lower 60's at night. It hasn't bothered her yet but in the coming months it'll get really cold here and H, as a fire fighter, refuses a space heater.
    Socks are a no go. Right now she's wearing DS's fleece pjs, but size wise she'll be out of them soon. I think I'll just push the footie pjs as long as I can and keep offering blankets.

Along the same lines - who has a pillow? We weren't planning on it but DD literally stole DS's pillow off his bed and put it in her crib (along with his penguin stuffed animal lol). So she has, and uses, a pillow now.

These kids are getting so big so fast!

image   image

• Options
    Even my three year old wears footie pjs, our house is set at 60 at night. Lucas uses blankets but still sleeps with me from 2 or 3 on.

He is getting a pillow, pillow cases and a pillow pet for Christmas. He sleeps better when he's stolen his brothers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    We've had a pillow since she was 5 months. That was her first really bad ear infection and the dr recommended that she'd feel better if she could sleep elevated at an angle so they could drain properly. It helped her sleep and she really liked it, so it stuck around.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"