December 2013 Moms

Bleeding/cramping after cervix check

Is spotting and on/off cramping normal after a simple cervix check? I'm dilated 1cm and 60% effaced. I haven't had any spotting my entire pregnancy- I'm 35 weeks. I'd like to think my doctor would of warned me of this if it were common.

Re: Bleeding/cramping after cervix check

• I would call your OB just to be sure
  • Pretty common. Your cervix is pretty sensitive right now and also very engorged with blood. Doesn't take much to irritate it and a cervical check will definitely do just that.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Loading the player...
  • After a cervical check last week I went into labor with regular contractions. Defiantly call the doc.
  • Common. My OB says to expect it each time
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Yep. Normal.

Common. My OB says to expect it each time
    This. I'm surprised your OB didn't say anything. Mine tells me this every time.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm really not looking forward to these cervix checks.  I'm almost 34 weeks.  I need to remember to ask at Thursday's appt if my OB starts doing them at 36 weeks..

• My OB did tell me spotting of any kind is normal at this point. Heavy bleeding, no, but a little spotting, yes. Especially after a cervical check.

• Yes, it's normal. I would call the OB just to double check though.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just got back from a cervix check. Doc specifically told me to expect spotting.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Mine told me to expect it as well.

• Yep normal.  Happens to me pretty much every time.
  • Cervix is very vascularized, so spotting is common with checks
  • Oh god this sounds terrible! I'm frightened, and I don't want one now!
  • Thanks you guys. I just got a hold of the doctor and she said its normal as long as the bleeding doesn't continue through the night and the period like cramping doesn't get worse.
    I was not expecting a cervix check to hurt like that! It was some unexpected pressure and instant cramping. I'm either a total wimp or my doctor is not a gentle lady. It felt like she was pushing hard on a bruise. In my vag. Ugh.
  • Ugh, I have my first one tomorrow. That said, when had my membranes stripped the last time around 40w, that was much worse. Thinking I'll tell my doc to forget that this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My MW gives me a panty liner after cervical checks. At least she did last pregnancy. I haven't had one yet this go around.
    D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • Normal.  This is why my OB won't do cervical checks until 39 weeks.  He doesn't want to 'disturb' things (I'm already at risk for PTL).  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"