C-sections
Options

Rash after c section

I had my third CS on Wednesday. Friday night in the hospital I developed a rash on my stomach, above my belly button, about 3 inches high and across from side to side. Sometimes it looks like sunburn, sometimes it has white bumps on it. The nurses saw it and offered Benadryl but I didn't want to be any more tired then I already am. They had no explanation. I spoke to the medical assistant at my OB today and will be seeing her tomorrow. I thought maybe it was from my binder so I stopped wearing it but I love the binder so today I put it on over a tight tank top. Anyone experience anything like this?

Re: Rash after c section

• Options
    Curious did u find out what the rash was? I had a c section, 24 hours later and I had a similar rash on my butt- it turned out to be a yeast rash--- it was so painful as it settled right on my butt where I sat in bed!
  • Options
    Could it be where they taped the surgical blankets on you?

After my second section the nurses noticed a red rash on my belly. I just put coritzone cream on it and it went away in a couple of days. My skin got super sensitive during my DDs pregnancy and I guess it reacted to the adhesive of the tape that day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a reaction to the tape they used on my belly. It was itchy and red with raised bumps at times. 3 wks after the csect and I am feeling great except for the tape rash.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry I accidentally posted this twice. My doctor thought it was from the spinal and gave me a cortisone cream and it was gone in a few days. I think though it could actually be the tape because I had the same type of rash on my hand where the IV had been taped on. Either way, I'm good now, thanks!
  • Options
    I had the same thing on my stomach. Went away after a few days, never found out why it happened ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"