Pregnant after IF

Family Car Advice

Hi ladies! We are due for a new car. We are expecting our first and we have a large Bernese mountain dog who weighs 120lbs). We began our car research yesterday with the 2014 Chevy Traverse LT2 or LTZ and the 2013 Toyota Highlander. We need the car to last for 1-2 siblings, depending on future FET success. Anyone out there own one of these two cars and have advice or input on how it's working for you or for friends of yours? We are trying to plan ahead but it's tough to know what we will want when I don't even know how carseats install just yet...

FYI: Chevy Traverse/Buick Enclave/GMC Acadia are essentially the same but with different levels of fancy trims.
| Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

Re: Family Car Advice

• **Lurker from 3T**

Hi, I just wanted to give you my opinion of the Highlander (my current car), I absolutely love it!!!! I don't have kids yet, but I have two larger dogs (~65 lbs) that do great in there and the car has held up well to them. I have hauled 7 people in my car and everyone was comfortable. If I ever have to get another car, I'd definitely do a Highlander again. HTH!
    KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My SIL has a Honda Pilot for her two boys and two dogs.  They love it and DH and I thought it was pretty roomy when we were baby-sitting a couple of weekends ago.  Everyone fit in there pretty nicely. 

A huge dog and three kids will be tough for any vehicle!  Good Luck!!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have the Acadia and I love it! I wish we had gotten the rear bench seat. I don't love the rear bucket seats.
    My sister got the Pilot and I like it better than my Acadia.....
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • BeeBee08 said:

My SIL has a Honda Pilot for her two boys and two dogs.  They love it and DH and I thought it was pretty roomy when we were baby-sitting a couple of weekends ago.  Everyone fit in there pretty nicely. 

A huge dog and three kids will be tough for any vehicle!  Good Luck!!

We have a Honda Pilot too and I love it!  It's a little ridiculous for just the two of us now, but we bought it awhile back with family in mind (we got a great deal on a used one).  It has a third row seat which is one of the roomiest ones I've seen.  You can seat 8 adults.  If you do consider the Pilot though, I highly recommend the version with the back up camera.  It is REALLY hard to see behind you without it.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you all for the advice! Very helpful. I'm still not decided on what we should get. Thanks for all the ideas and input, though! 
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• I finally got rid of my minivan when I moved to OH and my nieces and nephew stayed in KY with my mom.  I'm never going back.  These twins will have to learn to get comfy in my Cadillac, because I've spoiled myself and could never afford to even put gas in an Escalade, LOL.  I may change my tune in a few years, though, and eat my words.  We'll see.  If so, I'd have to put my Caddy seats in a minivan!!!  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"