Late Term and Child Loss

TTCAL: How long did you wait?

I was wondering, generally speaking, how long you waited to be 'intimate' with your SO, with the purpose of ttc again? 
On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: TTCAL: How long did you wait?

• ***siggy warning****

We waited a year from his birthday. We wanted time and separation. We also decided to move and also go on a once in a lifetime dream vacation. We started TTCAL on that vacation.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• I have my 6 wk pp. apt on the 22nd, and my Dr. said we should be good to go at that point.

That being said , we only have a 1-2% chance of conceiving on our own and it has never happened in 6+ yrs so I don't anticipate it happening.

We are planning another IVF in Feb . which is when we think we'll feel most ready and prepared. Getting through the holidays is going to be tough enough so adding a 2 wk separation (our clinic is 4 hrs away so DH can't come with me for the stimming phase) and all the other emotional aspects just isn't ok for us right now.

Whatever you decide (and as you decide), I wish you luck and lots of love!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • ~~Siggy Warning~~

My OB told us to wait for 1 or 2 cycles to actively TTC, mostly so we'd have a reference for dating the pregnancy.  It took us 8 months to get pregnant with the triplets, so we figured it would take a few months this time to, starting trying after my first period and got pregnant right away - was completely shocked!

Obviously, being physically ready is important but so is emotionally.  I'm not sure we were emotionally ready to be pregnant again, but I have a wonderful therapist and DH and it's making the emotional side better...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our doctor has told us to wait at least 6 months, which is February. We are also having genetic testing done and I want results and procedures figured out with that before we start trying. All that being said, we want time to grieve, as PP said, so we may wait longer than February. I think there is a different answer on this for everyone! Best wishes!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • ***Siggy warning***

Our dr said we could start as soon as we wanted, but also let us know that he suggested waiting until my body had replenished nutrients. We did not prevent anything, and got pregnant 6 months after our loss. We would have been actively TTC starting that next month, once my cycles were regular and I could start tracking. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• ***SIGGY/pregnancy mentioned***

My OB said I could start as soon as I wanted. I got an MMR shot at the hospital, though, and had to wait three months. We tried immediately after our three-month window was up, I got a BFN, and I had a breakdown. That's when I realized I needed more time to heal, so we took a break. I went to counseling, got on BC to regulate my cycles, started running, and I got myself back on track. I felt ready this past April, we tried my second post-BC cycle in May, and we got a BFP later that month - nine months to the day that we lost Devon.

I struggled a lot with the decision to TTC, and I'm glad I waited almost nine months to try again. Everyone is different, though, and may not need that much time - or more time - to decide to TTC again.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HeatherhahHeatherhah member
    edited November 2013

I had a c section With Sydney and I was pushing 39 so my doctor told me to try after 8 weeks it took us 6 months to actually get a positive test. I will warn you it is the most stressful thing being PGAL and trying to get pregnant atfer is so stressful it made me feel crazy. I wanted to be pregnant so bad it killed me. When it finally happened it was so hard to bond with my baby in fear she would die too. So I just wanted to warn you that it is a big roller coaster ride the whole time but so worth it. But good luck, I wish you all the luck in the world. I am here of you would liek to chat!!! If I survived anyone can LOL.

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • I hope to get off BC in Jan. We won't really try but won't prevent.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My doctor said it would be good to wait four months before TTC, but if it happened before then, it wouldn't be a big deal. Parker was a huge surprise for us. We were so excited to find out about her. I think we are going to stick with that method. We won't actively try by counting days or body temps, but we aren't going to prevent either. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• That's kind of where we are, when the time comes, we will not 'prevent' (assuming I can ovulate on my own). If all else fails, we will be back at our fertility clinic. We will see in the next few months emotionally. Thanks everyone!
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Ticker warning

I got my first PP period right around the six week mark, which is how long the doctor told us to wait physically, so we waited an additional week till my period stopped.  It didn't happen that month, but it did the following.  In retrospect, it was probably a little too soon and I kind of knew it would be.  But, we had no idea how long it would take us to get pregnant (took a while with my other losses), and we're both 34 so we didn't want to wait too long.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I went in today for my 2 week follow up after losing our son. The nurse suggested waiting a year to try again, but the doctor said we can try as soon as my cycles are back to normal. He did say that physical recovery happens a lot faster than emotional recovery. We do want to try again soon, but I know that I need more time to process everything and be ready for another pregnancy and all that comes with it.
    **Andrea - proud mommy of our amazing big guy Brady and our sweet angel baby Eli James, born sleeping 10.29.2013 at 20 weeks 1 day due to premature labor - rest in peace my love**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"