June 2012 Moms

Anyone with a hitter come in...

Does anyone have a hitter?! I'm looking for good suggestions from those dealing with it or have dealt with it in the past. Thank

Re: Anyone with a hitter come in...

• Yup we have a hitter here.  I try to tell her no and she just laughs and thinks its funny.  I've been fake crying and telling her she hurts mommy when she does that but she doesn't get it still.  She seems to only hit me though which I'm glad she doesn't hit others but it's still annoying!
  • DD slaps very rarely. I tell her "hands are to be gentle" and pet her softly. Then I take her hand and pet my arm. I am trying not to emphasize the slap.
    I am not doing time outs with her yet, but I have take a toy or two away for a few minutes when she misbehaves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I do, she sometimes gets so angry she grits her teeth and shakes. If she hits I tell her no, and I will ignore her until she decides to calm down. Her "tantrums" usually last less than a min when she knows she never gets what she wants that way. I encourage her to use words and signs (milk, more, eat) and have her sign "please" when she wants something. I have been seeing progress and know after working with special education for so long I know that communication (or lack thereof) is the cause of aggressive behavior.
  • nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited November 2013
    Wrong board sorry
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"