June 2013 Moms
Options

Healthy Habits Challenge - 10 things

At the request of @subliminalrabbit Friday is the new day that I will be posting these :)

So...we are drinking our 80 oz of water, eating an apple a day (if you aren't allergic or vehemently opposed to them), what's next?

MOVING AROUND

weight loss is 70% diet and 30% activity, so this week we're gonna try to start that habit.

If you are participating in the abs & squats or the arms 30-day challenges that's great! Feel free to find your own way. The important thing is bridging the mental gap of finding time in your day to do something.

An easy way to start is for each day to do this (if you are feeling brave, add a zero to each of the numbers):

10 jumping jacks

9 sit ups (or pilates roll-ups)

8 lunges

7 butt kicks (literally, kick your butt)

6 toe lifts (go up on your tippy toes on a stair and then down)

5 crunches

4 squats

3 leg lifts

2 triceps dips

1 push up

Spread them throughout the day and you will see how quickly you incorporate exercise into your daily routine.

Bonus points if you use your LO as a weight :)

watuzzigal you have been summoned!

WHO'S WITH ME??

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: Healthy Habits Challenge - 10 things

• Options
    I REALLY should exercise....

then again, I'm unpacking from a move... so I feel like that counts....
    :@)
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm more 70% exercise 30% diet...  :-$

I'll get back to the diet stuff next week. But I had to acknowledge exercise :)

• Options

Me toooooo. And I always justify what I want to eat if I workout at alll in a day. Need to stop that...

• Options
    I'm in! I've read it takes 21 days to make a habit. Not sure if that's folklore but repetition is obviously key. Thanks for posting this stuff ladies. I'm hoping it will get me off my butt. I miss being healthy.
  • Options
    Love it! But what's a trIcep dip?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Love it! But what's a trIcep dip?

Here ya go! I use a chair...
    https://youtu.be/0326dy_-CzM

• Options
    Me toooooo. And I always justify what I want to eat if I workout at alll in a day. Need to stop that...
    Yah. I hate the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen". Because it's true and it reminds me that I'll never have abs. Ha. I love food too much. I hate dieting, but enjoy working out. So, I'm not super strict and just work out a lot. Oh well.
  • Options
    I'm in!! I have been at 100+ oz water. I skipped the apples, I like them but not enough to eat one every day!

Activity points for me! Still turbofiring!

I wear a "fitbit" It syncs with my iPhone and tells me how many steps I've done for the day! You can add food and keep track of weightloss with the app. I love it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"