Adoption

Adoption/Fostering Check-In 11/8/13...

SO I realize I have been MIA this past month and I apologize for it! Life has become a bit crazy for us! 

Welcome to all our newbies and welcome back to those who had taken time off! I can't wait to see where everyone is and how things are going! 

1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world? 

2) Who are you in the triad? 

3) How are things going lately? Any YAYs or UGHs happening? Let's hear them! 

4) What's the most recent accomplishment for you/your family? 

5) QOTW... Digital pictures - how do you organize them/keep track of them/use them? 
Began the Adoption process 4/2013
Home study Approved 12/2013
.... and the wait begins! 

Re: Adoption/Fostering Check-In 11/8/13...

• 1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world? 
    DIA

Future Adoptive Mama

Things are going slow again, but that's not a horrible thing! Our SW has had to reschedule a couple of our home study appointments... we have understood both situations and have been really flexible with it! (Thankfully we have jobs that allow us the time to also be flexible!) We have our last meeting next Wednesday so hopefully then 2 weeks from then we'll have our home study and be waiting in the pool of other PAPs!

A big YAY has been that we got our Adoption Video back from the guys we hired to produce it for us! It turned out incredible and I love it so much! 

Hmm... we are still waiting for the home study to finish up - but I guess buying a new house, moving, and updating all of our paperwork has been a huge accomplishment that we are thankful is done! 

5) QOTW... Digital pictures - how do you organize them/keep track of them/use them? 
    Right now they are all sitting on my external hard drives... I want to be able to compile them and put them into year books and have them printed but it is a HUGE task that I get freaked out about every time I sit at the computer to work on them! 
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• sumatisumati member
    edited November 2013
    1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world? 
    DIA

Future Adoptive Parent

We have our first info-meeting with the agency we are pretty sure we are going with next week! :)  They only do info-meetings every 3 months in my city.. and you have to go to the meeting before doing the application... Otherwise, we would have submitted our application months ago!

We finally (mostly) cleared out the room that will be the nursery. Gonna start painting in the next few weeks.

I need to do better at organizing.  Since all my pictures are on my phone instead of my camera, I don't have the organized on my cumputer like I used to.  BUT we started doing a family yearbook each year. I get the books printed at Shutterfly and order the extra keepsake pocket. I then save the digital file of the pictures onto a CD and put the CD in the keepsake pocket. I also usually upload pictures to Shutterfly, so I have another copy of the file on there if need be.
    image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • aligross said:

1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world?: We are doing DIA

2) Who are you in the triad? : prospective adoptive mom

3) How are things going lately? Any YAYs or UGHs happening? Let's hear them! : YAY: We finally finished the nursery last weekend, and our shower is next weekend! UGH: waiting is harder than I thought it would be.  Not that I thought it would be easy, but meh.

4) What's the most recent accomplishment for you/your family?: DH got a raise after his annual review a few weeks ago!

5) QOTW... Digital pictures - how do you organize them/keep track of them/use them?: I have all our pics in a bunch of folders on the desktop of our computer.  I really need to organize them better and back them up on an external hard drive.  Ideally I'd make photo scrapbooks with Shutterfly or something, but I never feel creative enough to sit down and do it.

• 1. DIA

2. PAP

3. YAY:  Our last background check is done and H is scheduled for CPR tomorrow.  That gets us one step closer to getting this homestudy done. 

UGH:  School has me stupid busy, I only have 5 more weeks to this semester, but I feel like I'm swimming in a sea of assignments and work.  Not to mention my house looks like a bomb went off in it.

4.  It's sad, but I finally got the laundry under control.  It will probably last a week, but all the fall/winter stuff is out and washed and the summer/spring stuff is packed away.

5. Digital pictures:  a box of thumb drives and backups on CD.  I have to get a better plan. 

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• 1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world? 
    Will be presented to team for home study approval for adoption #2 this Tuesday!

2) Who are you in the triad? adoptive mom

3) How are things going lately? Any YAYs or UGHs happening? Let's hear them! adoption stuff going well, work is really bad right now so reconsidering what to do after maternity leave

hmmm.... getting to the point of almost being actively waiting :-)

shutterfly page
  • 1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world?  DIA

2) Who are you in the triad?  Adoptive Mom

3) How are things going lately? Any YAYs or UGHs happening? Let's hear them!  Yay: Baby's baptism is on Sunday. UGH: hard visits with birth family.

4) What's the most recent accomplishment for you/your family? None. We're in limbo. Waiting to hear from lawyers regarding finalization.

5) QOTW... Digital pictures - how do you organize them/keep track of them/use them?  hmmmm I don't really keep track of them- beyond that I know I need to produce 2 packets of pictures every month- one for the adoption agency and one for our son's birth parent.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1) DIA
    2) PAP actively waiting 2 months so far!
    3) YAY: our caseworker saw DH in Walmart and he happened to ask her if our profile has seen any action. She said it's been out at least once!! UGH: This stupid excitement I have to deal with even tho it means nothing!
    4) We have painted the nursery and I have a stock of "quick placement" supplies on hand!
    5) We have hardly any digital pictures! Most any I take are saved on my phone! Its ridiculous, really. :)
    Trying to Add Baby #1 Since 12/2008
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    Spring 2010: 3 Clomid + TI
    Jan 2011: 2 Femara IUI's
    Summer 2011: 6 months of Chiropractic Therapy
    March 2012: Confirmed Agency, Meeting set
    July 2012: Homeopath consult (fail!)
    July 2012: Start of Agency Meetings/Paperwork
    October 2012: Agency Interview
    February 2013: Tenative Agency Training
    March 2013: Tenative Homestudy start date
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world? DIA 2) Who are you in the triad? Hopeful adoptive momma 3) How are things going lately? Any YAYs or UGHs happening? Let's hear them! Nothin, nada, zilch....silence. Waiting, waiting, waiting to be picked. 4) What's the most recent accomplishment for you/your family? My blog seems to be doing well. It's been a nice way for me to feel like I'm contributing to our adoption while we wait. 5) QOTW... Digital pictures - how do you organize them/keep track of them/use them? Use my phone for all pictures. Gotta love that cloud.
  • I'm brand new here, but I'll play!
    What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world? Foster adopt

Who are you in the triad? Foster mom/PAP

3) How are things going lately? Any YAYs or UGHs happening? Let's hear them! We just got the case transferred to the adoptions worker last week and she should be coming out to meet us all this week! Our previous SW said she is really good. Yay!!

4) What's the most recent accomplishment for you/your family? Um...idk!

5) QOTW... Digital pictures - how do you organize them/keep track of them/use them? In my pictures folder, I make a folder for each year and then inside that a folder for each month. Its worked really well for me. I sometimes make a folder for an occasion if it had gobs of pictures. And as of last year, I've started making a photo book at the end of the year. Shutterfly was running a huge new year promo - hoping this is a yearly thing! :)
  • I'm really late on this one and have been a little MIA myself.  I like the QOTW though, so I'll post now!

1) What process are you/have you been involved with in the fostering/adopting world? DIA
    2) Who are you in the triad? Prospective adoptive mom - matched 8/11/13!

3) How are things going lately? Any YAYs or UGHs happening? Let's hear them! Pretty consistent lately.  We're attending appointments ever 2 - 3 weeks with the expectant mom we're matched with.  DH's family threw us a baby shower on Sunday.  That was surreal!

4) What's the most recent accomplishment for you/your family? Starting to get more of the items we need to bring little one home - just 10 weeks away!  We (already) rearranged the nursery to make room for some of our new items!

5) QOTW... Digital pictures - how do you organize them/keep track of them/use them? I keep them on my phone until I have the chance to edit with camera pro on the iphone (which is not activated, I just use for the camera and planner!).  Then I upload them to different folders to shutterfly - the have unlimited free photo storage!  I keep a backup copy on a thumb drive, just incase.

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"