May 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

Okay, let's do this.

fire gif photo: dara fire gif darafire.gif

I'll start. I had a medium to medium rare steak and sushi this week and they were amazing. 
BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MagheetaMagheeta member
    edited November 2013
    I'm supposed to be following the GD diet even though I haven't been dx with it yet this pregnancy, but for DD1's birthday we went to Texas Roadhouse and I endulged in fried pickles, bread and cinnamon butter and mashed potatoes.

=P~  
  • Options
    I have zero desire to help plan my sister's wedding, and it's all because her fiance's sisters are acting as if it's their own. They both have multiple Pinterest boards for a wedding that isn't theirs. Wtf. I feel so bad, b/c I'd like to be more excited about my little sister's wedding, but I'm dreading allllllllll of it. Including getting together with fiance's older sister this weekend for lunch. To discuss decorating ideas for the engagement party. An entire lunch. Dedicated to decorations for an engagement party. Aren't restaurants already decorated? I'm playing nice b/c I love my sister, but holy hell do I already resent his.

• Options

I opted out of getting the flu shot. *gasp!*

Why?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    pandadairpandadair member
    edited November 2013
    I'm supposed to be following the GD diet even though I haven't been dx with it yet this pregnancy, but for DD1's birthday we went to Texas Roadhouse and I endulged in fried pickles, bread and cinnamon butter and mashed potatoes.
    I made my mom and husband go eat there the other day just because I was craving the bread. And then I might've eaten like 5 or 6 rolls. So good. If you're going to go off your diet, it might as well be for their bread.

• Options
    JmeJme said:

Why?
    We've had two friends end up with Guillain-Barre Syndrome this year as a result of getting the flu shot. It's a rare occurrence, but out one friend is still blind and partially paralyzed from it. Doctors aren't sure if he will have a full recovery. There's not much they can do. It just scares me, and hits a little too close to home with have two friends with such a rare complication.

Plus, I have never had the flu. I have a pretty strong immune system. I rarely ever get sick. And I work from home. I don't really interact with many people physically unless I go shopping or out with one or two clients.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kristine526kristine526 member
    edited November 2013
    I was tired of looking for a decent parking spot at Schnucks, so I took the "expectant mother" spot, tried to poof my belly out a little bigger than what it already is and did a preggo waddle into the store.

In my defense, I AM an expectant mother, but people might look at me and question it. Plus I only needed a small handful of things, so I didn't take it up too long.

ETA: I'm also not getting a flu shot. My doctor isn't "making" me get one and aside from when I was working in daycare, I've never gotten the flu. *knocking on every wood surface in my office*
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @katemr1146 also am not getting a flu shot. I never have and I have never gotten the flu so..

My FFFC is that Wednesday ALL I could think about was Jim beam and coke! Lol I wanted one soo bad! I abstained of course but the desire was strong!
    imageimage

Beautiful Baby Jackson born 8/25/2010
    Met the LOML 11/05/2011
    Expecting the LO 5/15/2014
    Getting Married 10/19/2014

• Options
    pandadair said:

JmeJme said:

Why?
    We've had two friends end up with Guillain-Barre Syndrome this year as a result of getting the flu shot. It's a rare occurrence, but out one friend is still blind and partially paralyzed from it. Doctors aren't sure if he will have a full recovery. There's not much they can do. It just scares me, and hits a little too close to home with have two friends with such a rare complication.

Plus, I have never had the flu. I have a pretty strong immune system. I rarely ever get sick. And I work from home. I don't really interact with many people physically unless I go shopping or out with one or two clients.

https://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/57/2/197.abstract

Interesting. According to my doctor, it is in some way related. She even handed me a form I'd have to sign stating I'm aware of the Guillain-Barre risk, if we did want to get the shot. My friend Steve, the one who's currently blind, was actually diagnosed with Miller Fisher, my husband is telling me.
    I guess it's a variant of Guillain-Barre.

Either way. I'm not doing it. It's just a choice my husband and I have made and feel is what's best for us. My doctor was 100% behind us with that decision.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

No food FFFC and for the love of all things, no more flu shot conversations!

New material people!

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Options
    I am also skipping the flu shot. I can finally keep food down and every time I get the flu shot I am horribly sick for days. Not gonna do it! Especially when DH is gone for 5-6 days at a time and only home for one or two and I am the sole caretaker for DS. He got his shot and did not have a reaction so he will get his every year but I will pass. I'm also a SAHM that doesn't go out.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    I am dog sitting my friends puggle for the weekend, we are exchanging dog sitting. However I want to drop kick this dog some times. He's super annoying and on top of that he puked on my floor this morning.... Now he's looking all pitiful at me, I have an ounce of sympathy for him but I hate dog puke on top of being pukey myself
  • Options
    I bribe my 15 month old nephew with Hooplakidz on my iPhone every time I want him to snuggle with me.
  • Options
    Hubby wants to have a bonfire tonight and I realized yesterday that while I enjoy them, it's because our kids go to bed and I can converse with adults for awhile....tonight our friends are coming and bringing their 3 kids who are wild and don't settle down...so I'm already dreading tonight. And I already told hubby I needed to nap all afternoon if he expected me to stay awake late tonight.

• Options
    sammy.k said:
    I want to strangle my kid today. The end.
    Mine is along these lines too.  He's being REALLY bad and I'm so tired and irritated.  Last night I let him cry in his room while I closed my door and completely tuned him out, listened to lo's HB and then took a nice quiet shower.  DH was with him, but I still felt guilty because all he wanted was mommy.  And he only wants me so he can torture me.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    pandadair said:
    I have zero desire to help plan my sister's wedding, and it's all because her fiance's sisters are acting as if it's their own. They both have multiple Pinterest boards for a wedding that isn't theirs. Wtf. I feel so bad, b/c I'd like to be more excited about my little sister's wedding, but I'm dreading allllllllll of it. Including getting together with fiance's older sister this weekend for lunch. To discuss decorating ideas for the engagement party. An entire lunch. Dedicated to decorations for an engagement party. Aren't restaurants already decorated? I'm playing nice b/c I love my sister, but holy hell do I already resent his.
    Dear God, I hope no one ever asks me to be in a wedding again.  It is always a nightmare. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

Mine is along these lines too.  He's being REALLY bad and I'm so tired and irritated.  Last night I let him cry in his room while I closed my door and completely tuned him out, listened to lo's HB and then took a nice quiet shower.  DH was with him, but I still felt guilty because all he wanted was mommy.  And he only wants me so he can torture me.
    I'm sorry you're going through this, but this really made me laugh. Mainly because I know the feeling all too well.
    [-(

• Options

No food FFFC and for the love of all things, no more flu shot conversations!

New material people!

I haven't seen yours yet...?

imageimageimage

• Options
    I went on Amazon and bought all of my kid's Christmas presents yesterday. The flameful part is that I haven't told MH and I'm already way over budget. Hoping he doesn't look at the bank account. I also know he's going to want to buy some stuff for our son too and I'm going to tell him "no, we already hit our max."
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    meli1025 said:
    sammy.k said:
    I cringe when I hear people call their kids bad.  Something about calling kids that word I just can't handle.
    My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    LUCKY22 said:

I'm sorry you're going through this, but this really made me laugh. Mainly because I know the feeling all too well.
    [-(

My son is SUCH a mommys boy. DH always says "I hope for your sake that this one likes me more, otherwise you will never get a moments peace!" He's soo right.

imageimage

Beautiful Baby Jackson born 8/25/2010
    Met the LOML 11/05/2011
    Expecting the LO 5/15/2014
    Getting Married 10/19/2014

• Options
    meli1025 said:
    sammy.k said:
    I cringe when I hear people call their kids bad.  Something about calling kids that word I just can't handle.
    Why? 
  • Options
    jaclynnn said:

I've washed the same load of laundry for like 3 days in a row, cause I keep forgetting about it... I just remembered it when I was trying to find clothes to wear. :-/

Haha, I do this all the time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meli1025 said:
    sammy.k said:
    Seriously?
    Yes.  I used to call myself bad when I was younger, and my mom always corrected me saying that no kids are bad.  Can they be ornery and have difficult behavior at times, absolutely.  I'm not judging anyone else for using the word, because I'm sure it's just from my experiences, but I do cringe inside.
    My Blog

It's a BOY!

• Options
    Weak I know but I have zero motivation to do anything today and I'm probably going to just do the bare minimum since my supervisor is gone today and it's just me and another girl. Also my DS has been driving me nuts in the mornings lately. All of a sudden everything is a fight and he has to whine about everything, particularly that Bubble Guppies isn't on. Seriously? And then of an evening when I'm super exhausted he only wants me to do everything for him. Such a mommy's boy but at least he has been giving me random kisses again lately. He had quit for a while and it made me sad :(
  • Options

meli1025 said:

sammy.k said:

Seriously? Yes.  I used to call myself bad when I was younger, and my mom always corrected me saying that no kids are bad.  Can they be ornery and have difficult behavior at times, absolutely.  I'm not judging anyone else for using the word, because I'm sure it's just from my experiences, but I do cringe inside.

There is such a thing as a bad kid.

imageimageimage

• Options
    tna112 said:

Weak I know but I have zero motivation to do anything today and I'm probably going to just do the bare minimum since my supervisor is gone today and it's just me and another girl. Also my DS has been driving me nuts in the mornings lately. All of a sudden everything is a fight and he has to whine about everything, particularly that Bubble Guppies isn't on. Seriously? And then of an evening when I'm super exhausted he only wants me to do everything for him. Such a mommy's boy but at least he has been giving me random kisses again lately. He had quit for a while and it made me sad :(

I wake up every morning excited to see my dd, but dread the sound of nick jr lol. Her new phrase happens to be bubble guppie, it's all we ever hear!
  • Options
    I had to sit through an interview dinner for new interns last night. The good part was we were interviewing them not the other way around. People trying to impress us so we will choose them usually isn't bad but with no alcohol I was bored. Now we are going out tonight to finish up with the more social part. At a bar! I don't really know if I wanna go. Last time we went out with the residents we got totally shit faced so they were tolerable but I think I may make up a reason to stay home

*BFP- Sept 2013*

*Ryder due June 1,2014*

BabyFetus Ticker

*Love of my Life*

image image

<3<3<3<3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"