Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Swing Question

So I know this is early to be thinking about.....but I love shopping and am a planner so baby items that will be "needed" are in my mind as I'm TTC.  I live in a three story townhouse.  There isn't a bathroom on the second floor.  Also, due to some health issues it is about 75% likely I'll need a C section so I worry about after delivery having to go up and down a flight of stairs.  We have a lot of room in our master bedroom.  I planned to have a bassinet and small changing table in our bedroom.  Our house is spaced so it is very long and this means the room we'll use as a nursery is quite a bit down a hallways so I can imagine it would be a PITA with a newborn to get up at night and go down the hall to change them.  It's not feasible to change a baby on the bed since I have three dogs.  Anyways, even with the bassinet and changing table in our bedroom there would be room for a portable swing.

I plan on getting either the fisher price, mammaroo, etc. type swing for down in the living room where we'll keep a pack and play so once I'm down there I won't need to go upstairs for anything.  Do you think it makes sense to get something like the Graco Glider LX swing or the Taggies Swing and Go portable swing to keep in my bedroom in case an infant likes a swing a lot and this way I don't have to leave the bedroom and use the stairs at night?  Anyone have either of these swings and like them or other suggestions?  I know some babies don't like swings but I'd rather be over prepared and give it away if we don't use it vs. wishing I'd thought to have it.  My next door neighbor is 8 months pregnant and she's considering the same set up so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here.  Thanks ladies!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
Dating December 2002 ~ Married January 2011 ~ Had three furbabies along the way ~ DH 33~ Me 29 Diagnosed with PCOS/Slight Insulin Resistance August 2013 ~ TTC Baby #1 since August 2013

Re: Swing Question

• Options
    Wait until baby arrives, if you feel you need a second swing it's easy to pick one up. We got by with one with number 1, now with number 2 I had to get a second.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options
    There's always a chance your baby hates the swing.  Start with one and keep the receipt.  And make sure it plugs in!

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did the swing downstairs and the rock n' play upstairs.  Some babies don't like swings, so I definitely wouldn't buy two right away. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys!! Guess I'll just wait and see.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
    Dating December 2002 ~ Married January 2011 ~ Had three furbabies along the way ~ DH 33~ Me 29 Diagnosed with PCOS/Slight Insulin Resistance August 2013 ~ TTC Baby #1 since August 2013

• Options
    My baby hates the swing so I'd be upset if I bought 2. He loves his bouncy chair which we didn't have and bought after the fact
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards