Postpartum Depression

Medication while breastfeeding.

I've never posted here before, but frequent my bmb.

DD is almost 11m, DS is 7 years. I had ppd with DS and was able to not have to take any medications until he weaned at 14 months. I worked part time and had loads of support from friends and family. This time I am a SAHM (which I chose and love), minimal friend and family interaction. People just get busy or have grown apart... I've tried walks, vitamins, talking to my friend about it. It all seems to help for a bit, but then I get all anxious/moody/distant again. I've used Paxil, Zoloft, and Prozac. I really liked paxil, except the first two weeks I felt jittery. Zoloft made me vacant almost, and I'm not really a fan of Prozac. So I would like to try Paxil. Is it ok for breast feeding? I read the info online, but I wanted first hand experience. I reallllly want to wait until we wean, but I don't like how I am, especially when I get angry. I'm not mean or anything, but I seem to yell a lot.

Would you wait? Just to clarify, I'm not suicidal, I'm not wanting to hurt anyone, I feel distant from people, tired, body aches, mood swings (bipolar like), not bothering to keep the house as clean as I would like it, zero sex drive, very low self esteem, not feeling worthy.... I know I CAN deal with it, but I want to do something about it.

Thanks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Medication while breastfeeding.

• Sounds like very standard PPD to me,, well thats exactly how I felt but I had CRAZY anxiety too. I took zoloft (25mg) when my daughter was 3 months and everyone is great! I took it for 6 months weened off when I quit nursing and all is well.
    If you are too nervous or arent willing to try zoloft (i dont know about the other meds & nursing), then I still say go get on something and quit bf'ing. Thats my opinion. You have done a great job! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for the reply. I went ahead with Zoloft last week. It's already made a world of difference. I haven't had any if the issues as before, maybe it wasn't the right drug last time.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"