Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Most Annoying Toy?

So, just for fun, I'm curious to hear your opinions on which of your baby's toys are most annoying:)

For me, it's not so much a specific toy, but some of the songs. We have this fisher price remote and there is this song: "I've got a remote and I'm ready to roll making things happen cause I'm in control!" It kills me! I wake up with the tune in my head. I'd just hide the silly thing, but LO actually really likes it.

Probably the most annoying toy all around for me is the fisher price laugh and learn puppy. "I loooooove you!", "hug me!" "Sooooooo big!" Maybe it's just more creepy than anything else:)

I appreciate the fact that my LO loves 'em though!

Re: Most Annoying Toy?

• Options
    Same here with the songs.  Most of the music on her toys seems kind of obnoxious to me.  She has a car book with sounds, though, and is has a little steering wheel that you can honk the horn on.  Not really annoying but the way she beats on it makes me think she'll have road rage when she's older.   :-O
  • Options
    Scout (LeapFrog Dog) is by far the creepiest toy he owns, and by extension, it is also the most annoying.

That thing is possessed! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Vtech Crazy Legs Bug. Don't get this thing. It is sooooo loud with no volume control. I seriously hide this thing. I want to get rid of it, but my kids notice every time.

https://www.vtechkids.com/product/detail/1671/Crazy_Legs_Learning_Bugs//5139-en_us/reviews/product/2/1671.htm

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    I agree with the laugh and learn puppy! My son LOVES it but I find it so annoying! He will be napping and out of nowhere it will go off. "Got my nose!"' Or "Sooo big!"' Will come out of no where and wake him up. So annoyed and frustrated with that dog
  • Options
    I didn't realize this would be a multipurpose post...now I have a mini list of toys to stay away from!

Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    He has this Fisher Price camera that sings. Her voice is super annoying. Also, his learning table says "now we've said our ABC's" which really bothers me for some dumb reason. Isn't it "now I know my...?"
  • Options
    Nothing in particular.  They have this little remote toy and one phrase is "it's the colorful music show" and I first heard it "it's the colorful dick show" and I still sing that when I hear it lol.  Oh I hate toys that you can't turn off.  Those bug me.  When I put it in a tote and in the closet for the night I want it to stfu. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I must be crazy... I love all of the annoying songs on the FP Laugh and Learn toys, hahaha. I sing them all day!!! LOL. And I'm not even being sarcastic. I guess that is what spending 9+ hours a day alone with a baby and musical toys does to your brain...
    Stupid VTech steering wheel. There is no volume control, and when they turn the steering wheel, it changes the song. So you get like 2 seconds of every god damn song. Plus you don't have to do anything to make music play, so if you forget to turn it off, it will just randomly start playing a song like every ten minutes.  

He also has a stupid snail that goes "Whheeeeee" and it's SO annoying. 
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    We have a piano toy that can either play notes or it can be in "learning" mode where instead of music it sings the color of each key.  The ladies voice drives me nuts, and the way she sings the colors is obnoxious.  I never put it in that mode, but now DH thinks it's funny how much it annoys me.

Also, I swear we have several toys with the same ladies voice...and that just creeps me out.
  • Options
    His FP Jumperoo... it normally isn't too bad if we keep it on music, but when it is set on words mode instead and he gets bouncing just right, the apple bounces out of its little box and the annoying woman's voice goes

Apple
    Apple
    Apple
    Apple

over and over!

and Apple YUM YUM YUM! in a creepy way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This is great! I'm lurking from the 3-6 month board. My DS has the Fischer Price Rainforest Melodies play-gym. There is one song on there, OMG, DH and I made up new lyrics for it which would worry any school counselor. It makes the song barely tolerable when we sing the new lyrics along with it. I hope DS doesn't know what we're saying!

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    rdbanks said:
    So, just for fun, I'm curious to hear your opinions on which of your baby's toys are most annoying:) For me, it's not so much a specific toy, but some of the songs. We have this fisher price remote and there is this song: "I've got a remote and I'm ready to roll making things happen cause I'm in control!" It kills me! I wake up with the tune in my head. I'd just hide the silly thing, but LO actually really likes it. Probably the most annoying toy all around for me is the fisher price laugh and learn puppy. "I loooooove you!", "hug me!" "Sooooooo big!" Maybe it's just more creepy than anything else:) I appreciate the fact that my LO loves 'em though!
    Haha!  Yes!  That remote is our #1 most annoying toy.  I think my husband even hides it from them sometimes.
  • Options
    His FP Jumperoo... it normally isn't too bad if we keep it on music, but when it is set on words mode instead and he gets bouncing just right, the apple bounces out of its little box and the annoying woman's voice goes

Apple
    Apple
    Apple
    Apple

over and over!

THIS exactly! But it is pretty funny sometimes when it says, "Apple, Yum!, Purple Monkey." 
  • Options
    My kids had the original furby when they were little and ds still calls it a torture device since he says there was no way to shut it off and it would randomly start talking.  Pretty bad when the kids find their own toys annoying.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    I'm resurrecting this topic just to list the new toy Josh got for Christmas...The Fisher Price Laugh n Learn Remote!  If I NEVER hear "I got a remote and I'm ready to roll..." again, it will be, far, far, far too soon.
  • Options
    it's not that it's annoying, but LO got a rocking horse for Christmas that talks and sings and I can not get the song out of my head all day!  "I'm a little pony, clipitty klop, clippitty klop, a rockin rider poney"  and it repeats like 4 times!
  • Options
    it's not that it's annoying, but LO got a rocking horse for Christmas that talks and sings and I can not get the song out of my head all day!  "I'm a little pony, clipitty klop, clippitty klop, a rockin rider poney"  and it repeats like 4 times!
  • Options
    I am so glad you posted this! You made my day! My hubby & I were readi.g these and cracking up!
    Ok, so my 4 year old has a Talking TomCat like the smartphone app, but its a stuffed animal and copies EVERYTHING. It is his favorite toy. I cringe whenever I see him pick it up to play with! Some days I tell him that Tom needs a nap (I cant even think straight hearing that thing!) So he will tuck Tom in our bed for a nap. :) and patiently waits for his nap to be over.
    The other toy that I HAD to take the batteries out of: my 8 month olds Fisher Price Jungle Jumperoo. It was the elephant, monkey and the bird toy. My 4 year old would turn it on ALL the time and its motion sensitive so if you walked by the toy went off. That drove me crazy!!!! It bothered my 8 month old too so hes much happier not listening to it constantly when he bounces for 45 minutes twice a day!
  • Options
    Agree 100% OP about the FP remote!! That song is forever burned into my brain! AHHH!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    rdbanks said:
     Probably the most annoying toy all around for me is the fisher price laugh and learn puppy. "I loooooove you!", "hug me!" "Sooooooo big!" Maybe it's just more creepy than anything else:) I appreciate the fact that my LO loves 'em though!
    This Right here. I never understand how it knows I'm walking through the room and just blurts out "I loveeee you" But my son loves the head shoulder knees and toes song the pup sings.
  • Options
    My daughter, who is 10 now, had a ride on carebears car that my in-laws got her. It sang the most loud and annoying song when she would push a button "carebears are coming to your town!" But if that wasn't enough, she would smack the button over and over so it would scream "care care care care!" Thank goodness the new addition is a boy who won't be riding that pink monstrosity!
  • Options
    rdbanks said:
     Probably the most annoying toy all around for me is the fisher price laugh and learn puppy. "I loooooove you!", "hug me!" "Sooooooo big!" Maybe it's just more creepy than anything else:) I appreciate the fact that my LO loves 'em though!
    This Right here. I never understand how it knows I'm walking through the room and just blurts out "I loveeee you" But my son loves the head shoulder knees and toes song the pup sings.

LO got that as a Christmas toy from my sister in law and I'm always accidently bumping it and it goes off
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just that mean mom, but I totally take the batteries out of any toy we get that makes noise. #sanity
  • Options
    I agree with the laugh and learn puppy! My son LOVES it but I find it so annoying! He will be napping and out of nowhere it will go off. "Got my nose!"' Or "Sooo big!"' Will come out of no where and wake him up. So annoyed and frustrated with that dog
    oh yeah!  This freaking thing.  It never shuts up!  Grrr
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    edited January 2014
    Haha I was totally going to say the Fisher Price remote when I saw this title!

ETA: The FP puppy can be a little annoying too, but nowhere near as bad as the remote.
  • Options

Apple
    Apple
    Apple
    Apple

over and over!

How did I forget this!?!?! I finally grabbed the fruits and let them just hang off the jumperoo.
  • Options
    A squeaky alligator DOG toy, that my mother in law gave him...I WANTED TO KILL HER LOL.
  • Options
    What annoys me is LO will be surrounded by tons of toys, a wide variety of toys, and yet what he wants MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE is the blinds.  Or power chords.  Of course, we baby proof and never let him get close to these things, but it doesn't keep him from trying.  He watched me the other day set up a barricade and he just had this look in his eye that said "challenge accepted."  ughughughug lol I love my little troublemaker.
  • Options
    The most annoying toy in our house is the Vtech Learn and Dance Interactive Zoo. It has a toucan on it that sings this song which is now imprinted in my brain permanently. It goes " listen to the music and get on your feet, move like the animals stomp your feet, waddle like a penguin, stretch up tall like a giraffe, dance like a monkey and laugh laugh laugh". Ugh, and if she stops playing with it for a minute it will sing it over and over until she smacks another button lol. Also it is super loud with no volume control.
    Lilypie - (4VBD)
    Kira Otter
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"