December 2011 Moms

Update to Christmas post

For those that have already been buying for LO, what are you getting them? do you have a set budget? I think we're doing $200 for Christmas and $100 for birthday. His birthday is the 30th of December so kind of sucks having them so close together. I basically just buy everything at once and keep a few for his birthday. Would love more ideas, so far the only for sure gift we're giving him is a train table. MIL is getting the table and we'll get the train.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Update to Christmas post

• I haven't set a $ budget, but I am trying to decide on the couple big ticket items I REALLY want to get DS & then will probably split them up between Birthday & Christmas. A train table is one I am really looking at too.  Are you still looking at the Pottery Barn one?

This is so hard this year because everything I look at I'm like "oh! DS would LOVE that!" & I picuture how happy he would be getting it & playing with it.  SO I basically want to get him every single thing in the catalogs! LOL

My 2 December boys

• Jen4033 said:

I haven't set a $ budget, but I am trying to decide on the couple big ticket items I REALLY want to get DS & then will probably split them up between Birthday & Christmas. A train table is one I am really looking at too.  Are you still looking at the Pottery Barn one?

This is so hard this year because everything I look at I'm like "oh! DS would LOVE that!" & I picuture how happy he would be getting it & playing with it.  SO I basically want to get him every single thing in the catalogs! LOL

hahaha I'm the same way, his "wish list" on amazon is way too big and I know he doesn't need all of the toys/books but they just look too fun and entertaining plus we have such a long winter I need him entertained :) Yea we told our MIL about the train table on pottery barn kids so hopefully she'll buy it. I love that it can just be a craft table for the future and you can raise/lower the table and get chairs to go with it. It's expensive but he can use that table while he's in school! I think I'm the only one that hasn't gotten a water table either so looking at those too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We haven't set a budget. We'll probably spend under $200 on both birthday and Christmas together.

I bought him a set of 3 mini trains and a little puzzle. I am going to buy a wagon and still need 1 more big gift. I also want a bubble blowing bath toy I found at WalMart and a drum/percussion set. I wanted to do 1 big gift and 2 little ones for each holiday. I would like to find a toy box or some type of storage, but I'm not sure if that will be a gift or not. 

• My family is already buying DD the big things I wanted to get her like a table and chairs and doll house. No idea what I am going to get her.

I am really at a loss about what to get my 7 month DS for Xmas?? I feel like he can play with DD old toys and I really don't need/want more clutter.
    Horrible I know:(

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No set budget, but trying not to go too crazy. I spend more on birthdays than Christmas, since a birthday is your own special day, while Christmas is for everyone.

For each I got him a themed book and a themed coloring book (birthday/Christmas). He's also got a Leaptop for Christmas, some matchbox cars, and assorted stocking stuffer toys (toy boat, gingerbread rubber ducky, stuffed penguin, etc...). I'm planning on buying him maybe another 1-2 toys, plus one of those big bouncy balls. For his birthday I got him some clothes (making him a dinosaur hoodie), more books (he loves the "how does a dinosaur..." books by Jane Yolen, got a few) and a stuffed Triceratops he was loving all over on in the store lol. I'm also planning on buying him a Tidy Cottage for his birthday, as something else we can add to his yard play.
    If you haven't already bought the Tidy Cottage I saw it on Amazon today for $115 plus free shipping!

I guess I need to start shopping for birthday/Christmas.

No budget set really...just trying to not go too crazy.  I am probably getting him a train table, and maybe a play kitchen.  
  • We will probably spend about $200 total for both birthday and Christmas. I have not started shopping but I need to get on it. The problem with starting now for me will be that I will start picking up things here and there up until Christmas and spend way more than I want to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We're trying to do $200 total for Christmas and bday. Items on the list are a doctor's kit, first baseball mitt and ball, some CAT matchbox type vehicles for his stocking, a CAT mega blocks set from Costco, an airport toy from Costco, a Melissa & Doug reusable sticker kit, mini hockey nets/stick/ball set and some books. Things I've told others he might like are a train set, play kitchen, puzzles, magnadoodle, playdoh set, ikea easel with art supplies, dress up clothes (like construction worker, fireman etc) and balance bike.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think we'll probably spend a little more than $100 per child on birthdays and about $200 per child on Christmas.

Here's my list for DD2:

Birthday:
    - LeapPad 2 (she is always fighting with DD1 over her LeapPad).
     - tea set
     - apron with her name on it

Christmas:
     - Bitty Baby Twin and some accessories (from Santa)
     - Melissa and Doug play food sets
     - stick Pony
     - Christmas PJs
     - book set

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ugh!  I have no idea.  DH is the big Christmas buyer!  I swear he always goes way overboard!  The kids all have the big stockings from Pottery Barn and they're filled to the brim plus the presents under the tree are overflowing.  I keep trying to reign him in with the reminder that we just upgraded our Rainbow swing set last month with a spiral slide & monkey bars but we'll see....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"