Toddlers: 24 Months+

We've got a clinger!

Hi Ladies! I frequently post on SwapSpot but am new to this board.

My son will be 2 in just a few days and lately when I get home from work he is such a clinger! It has gotten so bad that he cries if I put him down and doesn't even want my husband to hold him.

I obviously love him dearly and would love to do nothing more than sit on the couch and hold him but let's be honest, I just have things I need to do. I have tried convincing him to "help" me with things so that we can still be together but that doesn't always cut it.

Advice Please!

No PMs please. brookebeck@ymail.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimage

Re: We've got a clinger!

• The first thing I'd suggest is some special "me and mommy" time right when you get home.  Take 5 minutes and read a book together, or just sit and hug, or do a puzzle - whatever works.  That way it takes the edge off rushing around the second you get home.

What kind of things are you asking him to help you with?  I pick my guy up from preschool, but when we get home we walk the dog together, then I heat up dinner and we all sit down to eat.  I make dinner the night before (after he goes to bed) so there's not too much I have to do right when we get home.  Can some of the things you need to do wait until later in the evening?
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"