May 2012 Moms

Vitamins

What type of vitamins for LO is everyone using? I was using Vitamin D drops for LO when I was nursing and then we switched to a multivitamin that is a liquid but she hates it. All the chewable vitamins that I have found say 2+ on them. Luckily she is a really good eater and she eats a well balanced diet. However, I feel like she should also have a vitamin. 

Re: Vitamins

• We don't bother with a vitamin.  She gets a balanced diet and everything came back fine at her 1 year blood work.  If she ever shows a deficiency, we'll address it at that time.  Until then, I assume if she's not sick that she's getting what she needs from her food.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Both kids get gummi vitamins. I was just doing half for DD but my pedi said a whole is fine. She goes to the pantry and asks for "vite bite" after breakfast everyday.
    We didn't start until DS was going through a really picky phase just after he turned 2.

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • I rarely give her any since she eats a lot of fruit and veggies, plus fortified cereals/bread. I am going to ask her pedi about giving Vitamin D in the winter, since she doesn't drink much milk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh good. My Pedi has asked at the past two appointments if we give her vitamins and I have said sometimes. They have seemed okay with that answer so far. However, I haven't given them to her in awhile and I didn't want to feel like a bad mom if I said no at the next appointment. 

I know she would love the gummy kind but I didn't want to give them to her if there was some reason why I shouldn't. Thanks for the help ladies!!
  • I always forget until after the first winter sickness goes though our house.

After the scare of parents over medications kids under two and causing liver damage a few years ago all labels in OTC meds have been relabeled for over two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"