August 2011 Moms
Options

I figured out the problem-Lincoln is depressed. :(

My h has been working a ton. We barely see him. When Lincoln wakes in the middle of the night, he doesn't want me, he continues screaming for Daddy. This morning I woke H up and told him to try soothing him. After just a couple minutes of holding him, Lincoln settled right down. So that lead to a fight with us at 5 am. He thinks I don't understand why he works such grueling hours, but really I just have low tolerance for the industry he works in and the toll it takes on families, having been raised in it. Gah. Poor Lincoln!
imageimage

Re: I figured out the problem-Lincoln is depressed. :(

• Options
    Curious...what do YH do? Mine welds and is gone for months at a time which sucks.
  • Options
    We have been in the same boat. The kids will go an entire week without seeing Dh and it's hard for them, especially Ds. Even though he's older, he still needs his dad.

I'm curious, why did your Dh get upset? Because he sees the effect it's having on you guys?

Dh gets mad at the situation not us. Like if I tell him me and the kids had a rough day and none of us like each other at the moment, he gets upset because he's not home to help. KWIM?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man that's gotta be hard :( I'm really sorry mama. I like the suggestions the other ladies made. Maybe a little something to remind Lincoln of his Dada while he's away would help. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Awwww poor little man. Yup I say have things to remind him of his daddy. Videos made for him, Maybe a call throughout the day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have been in the same boat. The kids will go an entire week without seeing Dh and it's hard for them, especially Ds. Even though he's older, he still needs his dad.

I'm curious, why did your Dh get upset? Because he sees the effect it's having on you guys?

Dh gets mad at the situation not us. Like if I tell him me and the kids had a rough day and none of us like each other at the moment, he gets upset because he's not home to help. KWIM?

I think he is defensive because he thinks he is being criticized by me because I am pointing out the toll his new job is taking on us.
    imageimage
  • Options
    lolinshag said:

Curious...what do YH do? Mine welds and is gone for months at a time which sucks.

Months?!?! Yikes! Mine is a mechanic and works 7-7 and then has an hour commute.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mrs Case said:

I think he is defensive because he thinks he is being criticized by me because I am pointing out the toll his new job is taking on us.

He knows it's taking a toll on you guys and the same for him. I bet that's why he got defensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"