June 2013 Moms
Options

Big FF babies-how many MOTN feedings?

DS is 18 pounds, and exclusively FF. He has only ever STTN twice, and we are generally still doing at least two (sometimes three) MOTN feedings. Needless to say , we are exhausted! Factor in an active 3 year old, and you can imagine how badly we need some sleep !

Anyway, for those with bigger FF LOs, are they STTN? If not, how many MOTN feedings do you do?

I'm wondering when/how we will ever get this little guy to STTN...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Big FF babies-how many MOTN feedings?

• Options
    My LO is 18 lbs. usually he sleeps through the night but we'll get the occasional wake up at 8 and he'll want to eat then.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is only about 14 pounds. He's still doing two to three feeds a night. And sometimes it is taking over an hour to get him back to sleep. It's no fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mister has been STTN since 2 months. The only time he woke up recently is when he was sick 2 weeks ago. He was 15 lbs 4 oz 2 weeks ago at his 4 month appt. He is also 25.5 inches long. He eats 6 oz bottles every 3-4 hours.
  • Options
    Rad is 18 1/2 lbs and he is STTN about 2-3x a week. If he doesn't, he will wake up once and take about 4 oz. of formula.  We put rice cereal in his formula to help with reflux (recommended by our doc, and it's worked wonders for us).

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• Options
    CindyRelluhCindyRelluh member
    edited November 2013
    Once both my kids hit 11 lbs, we cut MOTN feedings, per recommendation by pedi. When they fussed, we comforted without really waking them, then got them back to sleep! Dd had colic so she's a bit different, but she started STTN at 4 months, and DS started STTN at 2 months.

We don't wake them to change them, but if they're wet in the MOTN we will change, then put back in bed/swaddle, etc. if they fussed we would comfort again until calm, then back in bed. It's a process, but it's worked for us. Both my kids sleep 12+ hours nightly.

Eta now there have been a few times where he was so fussy he wouldn't calm, so we gave him a bottle. I think it's all part of the learning to STTN process, plus both my kids were in their cribs by two weeks old.
  • Options
    Ben is 20 lbs at 4.5 months, and has NEVER STTN. He is typically up 2-3 times per night but the last couple nights it has been every hour or every other hour. The only thing that will soothe him and get him back to sleep is food. We do rice cereal in 3 bottles per day bc of reflux and he still doesn't STTN. Maybe when he can have a big steak and baked potato he will finally STTN. All I know is we are exhausted!
  • Options
    I don't know how big is big for you, so I will weigh in.  DS was 16 lbs, 13 oz. yesterday (with clothes on, though, because it was a sick visit.) He eats his last bottle somewhere around 9:30-11 pm. Then he sleeps through the night until somewhere between 6 am-8 am.  He maybe could go without that last bottle and still sleep through the night, but my husband likes to give it to him to ensure he doesn't wake me overnight.
  • Options
    @bc&lm that's just like us! Bottle at 8:30-9, then he wakes up at 8:30-9 to eat. He will usually go back down after his morning bottle until 11 unless I decide I want play time.
  • Options
    My gal is around 16 pounds.  She has been sleeping through the night for the most part other than the lovely wakeful period.  IF she gets up early and is hungry, it's usually around 4:30. 
  • Options
    I feel terrible posting this, but...my big boy is 16lbs and he has been STTN since about 5 weeks old. He has 6oz bottles during the day and usually has around 32oz a day, but will sleep from around 8pm to 6:30am
  • Options
    I'm there with you @gingerbabytx jack gets 6 oz about every four hours.
  • Options
    costa2011costa2011 member
    edited November 2013

My DD is 22 weeks and STTN for a solid 3 weeks just a week ago. And then we moved and messed up her schedule and life basically so recently she has been kind of a terror at night again and waking up all the time. That being said, I don't feed her in the MOTN anymore. I give her the pacifier and it seems to do the trick. She weighs about 16 lbs.

Edited to add: during the day she takes 4 oz at a time every 2-3 hours. We've also started solids so one of her bottles in the morning is replaced w/ cereal and a fruit and one of her bottles in the afternoon is replaced with a vegetable.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• Options

My guy is somewhere between 17-18lbs and is 5 months. He STTN in the respect we don't have to feed him BUT we are usually in there 1-2 times helping him back to sleep. He goes to sleep between 7-730 and gets up around 6 for the morning and eats then

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"