VBAC
Options

Anterior Placenta

I just found out that I have an Anterior Placenta. I had a csection with my son simply for the reason that he was measuring big (he measured 11 lbs 1 oz, but ended up being 9 lbs 7 oz) so i have no medical reason to plan another csection.

my question is, has anyone else had that and did it effect your VBAC at all? (obviously ill talk to me dr about it, she's planning on a more detailed ultrasound of MRI after 20 weeks to check on the placenta)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anterior Placenta

• Options
    Anterior placenta is normal and not an issue. It just means since your placenta is in the front so you might not feel baby as much. I had anterior for my first pregnancy and posterior for my second.

• Options
    Yes, I had anterior placenta with my second pregnancy and had a successful VBAC 3 1/2 weeks ago. It wasn't an issue at all. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ii understand what an anterior placenta is. I just wasn't sure if it being near your csection scar could be an issue!

@JenMatt2010  Thank you for sharing your success! that is so encouraging! :) I love hearing successful VBAC stories! I am only 17 weeks but its something i want very badly! Of course baby's health is #1 but I don't even want to think about another csection recovery with a clingy 36 lb toddler as well! (but, you gotta do what you gotta do :)) anyway thanks again! Im glad yours was not an issue! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Molly& Thank you for sharing your story! :) My DS was 9 lbs 7 oz, but his ultrasound thought he was 11 lbs 1 oz, which is why i had a csection the first time... I'm hoping to make a smaller one this time as well! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have an anterior placenta this time around (DS was posterior). The only time this was mentioned was when my dr. found it. He pretty much said - placenta is anterior, but out of the "danger" zone - I took that to mean that there was nothing to worry about and haven't really since...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    oh wonderful! 

I had a scare a few weeks ago, long story short: i had a hemorrhaging blood vessel at the top of my urethra that was bleeding onto my bladder. I began to pass clots so we did an ultrasound and they saw a mass. the mass ended up being clotted blood and i passed it on my own (thank goodness!) they ran a scope and cauterized the bleeding. so everything is healing and good now but because i had a csection and passed clots and have an anterior placenta i will be going in for an MRI on monday to be sure that the placenta isn't doing anything its not supposed to! as long as the placenta is growing like it should (and staying in my uterus) then i should be all good for a VBAC! 
    praying all is well so i can safely have my VBAC!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just want to update on my MRI, it went wonderfully, everything looked great! The placenta isn't doing anything its not supposed to and baby looks great! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"