March 2013 Moms
Options

What are your babies eating schedule/menus like?

Just like reading what everybody else is doing. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm giving DD enough variety, and I don't always know how much I should be giving for a meal. DD is formula fed and takes 4 6oz bottles per day. She goes to daycare and they feed her breakfast, lunch, and and afternoon snack. I know she's getting well rounded meals there. They say she does a great job feeding herself, but when I give her finger foods she seems to have trouble and get frustrated. Doesn't seem like she's mastered the pinscer grasp. I am not very creative with what I feed her. I make her purees and usually give 3-4 icecubes worth for dinner? Spinach, peas, and carrots are normal. We also do a lot of bananas, yogurts, cheese sticks, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and avocados. I've also been giving her some puffs mostly so she can practice feeding herself. Is a yogurt enough for a lunch? Am I missing anything else that is pretty easy to add to our rotation?
TTC since 2008. I'm 30/DH 32. Unexplained Infertility.
All Welcome!

Unmedicated IUI: 9/11 BFN

1st IVF: January 2012. BCP, Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F
7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized, 3dt 2 grade A embryos.
Beta 13dp3dt = 6. Beta 16dp3dt = 9. Chemical Pregnancy.

2nd IVF: Antagonist Protocol. June 2012
BCP, Ganirelix, Menopur, Gonal-F
18 eggs retrieved (6/25), 12 mature, 6 fertilized

BFP! Singleton due 3/18/13!

Photobucket

Re: What are your babies eating schedule/menus like?

• Options
    At this point, I feed her whatever I'm eating. 

breakfast ideas-applesauce, pancakes (usually some sort of healthy oatmeal and banana pancake) and egg yolks

lunch/dinners-sweet potatoes, well cooked pasta or rice, chicken or fish, cheese stick, squashes, avocados, green beans, peas, etc...literall, whatever I make for us I usually make a little for her (with no salt or strong seasoning) and let her go to town.

she also eats puffs, waffle wheels, and the little cheese puffs
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    same as PP, we are just feeding her what we eat, but I add in a fruit/veggie most of the time.

At this age, it's all just to learn how to eat, it's not about how much they eat - all of their nutrition still should be coming from BM/Formula.

Is she hungry when you are feeding her at home?  I always nurse DD shortly before dinner so she isn't actually hungry.  I know that seems backwards, but if she's hungry she'll just get frustrated more easily, where if she's not she'll just enjoy playing with her food, and figuring out how to eat it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a SAHM and DD is 8 months on the 14th. We are BLW and holding off on grain, dairy, of course honey and now eggs until after a year. We also only buy food from local farmers with only a few items supplemented from the grocer. That means items in season and it means little variety.

DD eats mostly sweet potatoes, chicken, pear and apple. I gave her some blueberries frozen from summer this week and I gave her avocado from the store last week and broccoli from the store the week before that.

I'll let her have a bit of whatever I am eating it it is free of the things we are avoiding. If its not she gets sweet potato, roasted chicken, pear or apple.

Sometimes I worry that she isn't getting enough variety at this stage but I am a foodie and would worry more if I was buying all of her food from big industry farms instead of from people I know. My point is that sometimes (even Just for the sake of ease and sanity) it is okay to offer less variety. In my case it bothers me a little but right now she gets all of her nutrition from breastmilk and there will be plenty of variety of textures and flavors In the spring and summer. In the interim she doesn't exactly have a mono diet so I feel okay overall.

As for her eating schedule she hates to watch me eat unless she also has something so she eats when I eat. This means 2-4 times aday depending on how our schedules parallel.
  • Options
    I was all about the philosophy of having her eat whatever we eat, but by the time we get home, she needs to eat almost immediately. It's a rush against the clock to get her fed, bathed, and ready for bed. Then she takes her bottle and is out. we usually end up eating around 8:00, right around the time she is going to sleep. Also, our eating habits probably aren't as good as they should be! Should probably use her as an inspiration to change that. Thanks for the ideas. It's a good reminder that I don't need to be focusing so much on variety right now, and she's getting the nutrition from the formula.
    TTC since 2008. I'm 30/DH 32. Unexplained Infertility.
    All Welcome!

Unmedicated IUI: 9/11 BFN

1st IVF: January 2012. BCP, Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F
    7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized, 3dt 2 grade A embryos.
    Beta 13dp3dt = 6. Beta 16dp3dt = 9. Chemical Pregnancy.

2nd IVF: Antagonist Protocol. June 2012
    BCP, Ganirelix, Menopur, Gonal-F
    18 eggs retrieved (6/25), 12 mature, 6 fertilized

BFP! Singleton due 3/18/13!

Photobucket
  • Options
    DD takes about 23oz of formula a day. She eats between 15-20oz of purée.

Yesterday she had 23oz. Of formula.
    4oz of gerber oatmeal/pear purée- breakfast
    She had 8oz banana berry mix for lunch
    8oz total of gerber foods for supper- squash, pear and carrot. And 1oz dayia cheese
    She typically eats many fruits, veggies and starting pancakes (dairy/soy free) with butter and dayia cheeses. She has had some Cheerios too.

Today she had- 23oz formula.
    Breakfast- pancake and 8oz gerber oatmeal/fruit
    Lunch-4oz- squash, 4oz banana
    Supper- some avocado, mashed potato and green bean
  • Options
    My little guy gets breastmilk 5x/day and solids for mid morning, mid afternoon and dinner. I'm still making his food though. Bananas, pears, apples, sweet potato, carrots, peas, green beans, squash, avocado, quinoa and chicken are in rotation. I plan on adding yogurt and egg yolk at 8 months and puffs here soon to start to work on his pincer grasp. I'm no longer fully purée-ing his food, now it's soft chunks of food. It sounds like I'm moving much slower in the solids than y'all!
    You're not alone!  I might be even a little behind you because we haven't done quinoa or chicken.  I make DD's food and so far she eats oatmeal, bananas, peaches, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, green beans, and avocado.  Basically, I've been taking her through just about every Stage 1 food listed on wholesomebabyfood.com.  Now that she's 8 months old, we're going to move on to Stage 2.  I worry sometimes that I'm moving too slowly with introducing food but I'm totally adopting the philosophy that "food under one is just for fun" and since she seems happy and healthy, I'm not going to stress out about it.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

You're not alone!  I might be even a little behind you because we haven't done quinoa or chicken.  I make DD's food and so far she eats oatmeal, bananas, peaches, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, green beans, and avocado.  Basically, I've been taking her through just about every Stage 1 food listed on wholesomebabyfood.com.  Now that she's 8 months old, we're going to move on to Stage 2.  I worry sometimes that I'm moving too slowly with introducing food but I'm totally adopting the philosophy that "food under one is just for fun" and since she seems happy and healthy, I'm not going to stress out about it.  :)

This! I follow wholesomebabyfood.com and our pedi so we haven't introduced meat or egg yolks yet.
  • Options
    DD is 7 months and is watched by my mom and my MIL during the workweek.  Right now DD gets 4-5 bottles a day, sometimes she only drinks 4 oz and sometimes 7-8.  We also do purees for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  She very much enjoys butternut squash, sweet potato, apple, pear and banana.  We've also given her carrot, peas, and green beans but she wasn't a fan of those plain so I started mixing in some squash, sweet potato or fruit and she eats it right up.  I'm doing regular potatoes next and then probably spinach.  Since I have a variety of cubes in the freezer right now she usually eats a combo of 2-3 veggies/fruits for each meal.  I've noticed that in the last week or so she's eating a lot more pureed food.  We start meat next month and I am not excited about pureeing chicken . . .
  • Options
    We probably did egg yolks and chicken earlier than recommended by some people. however she LOVEESS herself some egg yolk and chicken and it's one of the easiest things for us because we eat ALOT of chicken. 

Plus, it's really cute now because she wants to try EVERYTHING I'm eating now!  The other day we were at trader joes and they had some minestrone soup they were demoing...and darn if that kid didn't want to try it! So glad the post the recipes, so i could see what was in it (all baby-friendly) and she nommed it up.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    Crequito said:
    DD is 7 months and is watched by my mom and my MIL during the workweek.  Right now DD gets 4-5 bottles a day, sometimes she only drinks 4 oz and sometimes 7-8.  We also do purees for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  She very much enjoys butternut squash, sweet potato, apple, pear and banana.  We've also given her carrot, peas, and green beans but she wasn't a fan of those plain so I started mixing in some squash, sweet potato or fruit and she eats it right up.  I'm doing regular potatoes next and then probably spinach.  Since I have a variety of cubes in the freezer right now she usually eats a combo of 2-3 veggies/fruits for each meal.  I've noticed that in the last week or so she's eating a lot more pureed food.  We start meat next month and I am not excited about pureeing chicken . . .
    I just started chicken last week.  The best way to puree it is to puree it first before adding anything else to it.  Puree it until it is very fine.  Then add liquids and whatever else you want to mix with it. 

;

• Options

DS has tried most of what everyone else has listed.  I made some yummy pumpkin with cinnamon and BM the other day and he enjoyed that.  It almost tasted like pumpkin pie filling.  Starting cinnamon and now garlic are the first seasonings I've introduced him to. 

DS nurses 6x/day and only eats in the morning and early afternoon.  I am lucky if he eats 3 spoon-fulls of food at a sitting.  He just isn't took interested in food.  I also give him Baby Mum Mums and puffs.  He will mostly play with those but may eat 1 or 2 puffs and a tiny bit of the cracker.  I usually give oatmeal and mango or another fruit in the morning.  I've mixed yogurt in there too, but he is not a fan.  In the early afternoon I typically give him 1 veggie or a veggie fruit combo.  Now that he has tried chicken I will probably start giving him some chicken and veggie mixture every other day for protein.

;

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"