August 2011 Moms
Options

Meal Planning Monday

What's everyone eating this week?

What's your favorite healthy recipe?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meal Planning Monday

• Options

M:  Not sure.  I'm going to try to convince DH to grill a steak.
    T:  Baked ziti with spinach and sausage and lots of mozzarella.  Plus a second tray for the freezer.  Mmmm.
    W:  Crock pot chicken of some sort.  Prob salsa chicken
    Th: Shepherd's Pie,  green beans & carrots
    Fri: Cajun Chicken Pasta that Crash posted two weeks ago (as long as I get to the market for ingredients)
    Sat: TBD
    Sun:  Dinner with my parents
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My favorite healthy recipe is crock pot salsa chicken.  I think that's healthy?  Healthy by my standards, at least :)  Because (a) it takes almost zero effort, and (b) I can do a bunch of different things (some less healthy!) with the leftovers.  I freeze portions for quesadilla filling for nights I need a quick dinner, and also use it as the base for chicken & cheese enchiladas.  Both are so good!

I usually just put 2-3 large chicken breasts in the crock pot and sprinkle them with a light layer of taco seasoning.  Then I add one jar of salsa, one jar of rinsed black beans, and one drained can of corn (or frozen corn works, too).  Cook all day on low, shred before eating.  Yum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know. I'm all off schedule because I got groceries on a Saturday instead of Thursday two weeks ago. By the time last Thursday rolled around, I didn't need groceries, and now my pantry is starting to look pretty bare, but I want to hold out til Thursday so I can get back on my regular schedule.

In other words, we're eating leftover galore and whatever I can find in the freezer.

Tonight is stir fry (made with ramen noodles and breakfast links).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't know. I'm all off schedule because I got groceries on a Saturday instead of Thursday two weeks ago. By the time last Thursday rolled around, I didn't need groceries, and now my pantry is starting to look pretty bare, but I want to hold out til Thursday so I can get back on my regular schedule.

In other words, we're eating leftover galore and whatever I can find in the freezer.

@Monsier_et_madame_ha

You made stir fry from ramen noodles and breakfast links? Did your family eat it? Did you put veggies in it? I'm confused by this combination.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

@Monsier_et_madame_ha You made stir fry from ramen noodles and breakfast links? Did your family eat it? Did you put veggies in it? I'm confused by this combination.
    Also curious, tell us more about this meal!
  • Options

@Monsier_et_madame_ha You made stir fry from ramen noodles and breakfast links? Did your family eat it? Did you put veggies in it? I'm confused by this combination.
    The girls scarfed it all down - didn't even notice that there was a ton of vegetables in there. Odd combination? Sure. But hey, it worked :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"