June 2013 Moms

Monday B!tchfest!

Re: Monday B!tchfest!

• I miss my Hubs. I wish I could swallow my pride and move into this house I've helped remodel but I can't. Why won't he just apologize? Or want to take any of my suggestions so we can move forward? He is so stubborn. And he acts I have done something wrong. I want to throat punch him.

Also it so freaking cold out. I hate cold weather with a passion.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH leaves this Saturday for a week for business. :( sucks. A week seems like such a long time!

• Thanks to DST, my baby started her first nap before my husband got out of bed for the day.  Iris decided we could compromise on the whole time-change thing: she's willing to go to bed an hour later as long as she still gets to wake up at her regular time….
  • I already started another thread about this because I forgot about Monday bitchfest, but I am sick and tired of LO being sick! Stupid daycare and its stupid germs! I wish I could just be a stay-at-home mom, at least for the first year if not permanently.
  • @nykkolhooks
    I know you said you've tried everything, but does tht include a nipple shield? It made a huge difference for me!

My b!tch: LO has had a rash on his neck that has clearly been bothering him. I got mess from ped to clear it up, but they don't help with the itching. Finally I was so tired of fighting him to keep his little claws away from his neck that I mixed a tiny bit of cortisone in with the prescription (I read online that one dr recommended this). Today his rash looks a million times better! I have been fighting this thing for 3 weeks! I'm just upset it took so long for me to figure this out while LO was clearly uncomfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Between DST and trying to transition to the PnP, E's sleep has been totally off. I feel like we've entered a second wakeful and I'm begging him to adjust back.

Although it's hard to be too mad at 4:30am when you wake up to this!:

So cute! And we had that sleeper in 0 to 3 months, but he outgrew it already.
  • majwv8 said:

I woke up to 5(!) false alarms last night from the angelcare pad. She was just fine everytime I went in there. When you otherwise have a bay that is sttn, it's annoying to get up that many times. They never woke her up and obviously I would wake up a million times a night to make sure she was okay, but I'm still annoyed.

If that keeps happening and you still want to monitor the baby's breathing without constantly being woken up, I would consider a Levana Oma (Snuza). We never get false alarms from it.
  • @jancandance & @sctiger52408 it was 28 this morning when I left. TWENTY EIGHT!  Winter coat, gloves and scarf :((   Not cool, Mother Nature.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• nykkolhooks. This cracked, bleeding nipple I have hurts so bad and every time LO latches, it sends me through the roof.

• My kid was up every.hour.last.night from 8-1. Why??? Why????? Most of the time he didn't even want to eat! Thank god we have his 5 month appointment this afternoon to see if anything else is wrong of if this is another bought of sleep regression? He slept 9 hours the two nights before too.

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My sweet baby was up every hour from 10:30-2:30. And awake from 2:30-4. I actually cried myself. He sure is sweet and happy now though.
  • I could throat punch DH because he keeps leaving his glass of water on the end table at night and I always end up picking it up in the mornings. I swear, my DH is like my 4th child!
    Riffing off of this:  I am tired of being accused of being a nag for asking DH to help tidy up while I put E to bed so I don't have to do it all when I'm done.  Yes, he does the majority of the house cleaning because he works from home and, frankly, is bringing in a 20th of what I am financially.  BUT if I'm busy getting E to sleep for an hour, that doesn't mean he should ignore the pile of dirty dinner dishes sitting on the table and just play games. 
    @subliminalrabbit- My H does the same thing!!  It kills be to come downstairs from a battle to get B to bed, just to see all of his toys exactly where we left them and H sleeping on the couch!  Come on, dude, it takes 5 seconds!  Why can't we both be done for the night once he is asleep!!!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • After a long and not easy trip out of town with LO by myself, he then decided to wake up every hour last night. He already typically wakes up at least two to three times at night but this was just ridiculous! I feel angry that I took him out of town and think maybe it's my own damn fault that he's so crazy right now. On top of that my husband sprained his ankle while hunting this weekend and thinks he cannot be of any use with the baby. Umm, no sir. Your arms still work now sit your ass down and feed that baby! And then this morning, somehow, all the coffee filters have magically disappeared over the weekend while I was gone. Does DH know where they are or what happened to them? Of course not! I guess it was a damn coffee filter thief. FFS.
  • Still waking every two hours! That's all I've got.
  • My back still hurts from the epidural 4 months ago! And lately my knees have been getting really stiff to the point where it is difficult to walk. Thank god I go to the doctor tomorrow! Not sure how much more I can take of this.
    image imageimageimage
  • majwv8 said:
    BC&LM said:
    I woke up to 5(!) false alarms last night from the angelcare pad. She was just fine everytime I went in there. When you otherwise have a bay that is sttn, it's annoying to get up that many times. They never woke her up and obviously I would wake up a million times a night to make sure she was okay, but I'm still annoyed.
    If that keeps happening and you still want to monitor the baby's breathing without constantly being woken up, I would consider a Levana Oma (Snuza). We never get false alarms from it.
    I've considered this, but she moves SO much during the night and sleeps on her belly, that I've heard from others it will fall off?
    Not sure about the belly sleeping because we have a back sleeper, but he moves around a lot and it has never fallen off.
  • Murphie82Murphie82 member
    edited November 2013
    kh59 said:
    Thanks to DST, my baby started her first nap before my husband got out of bed for the day.  Iris decided we could compromise on the whole time-change thing: she's willing to go to bed an hour later as long as she still gets to wake up at her regular time….
    This is exactly my life right now.

ETA - so much for the two weeks we spent trying to adjust his bedtime and wake up time.  It worked yesterday morning but not today!
  • I go grocery shopping every monday morning to this little produce store and I always get one of their homemade cinnimon buns. They were not ready when I got there and I am sad. Now it is all I can think about.

• DH went hunting Saturday and Sunday was supposed to be my day to go and do things. Well he got the 4 wheeler stuck and had to go back yesterday to get it out . He said he'd be back at 1 he lied he was gone all day. I was pissed I SAH with LO and really needed a break :(
  • majwv8 said:

DH went hunting Saturday and Sunday was supposed to be my day to go and do things. Well he got the 4 wheeler stuck and had to go back yesterday to get it out . He said he'd be back at 1 he lied he was gone all day. I was pissed I SAH with LO and really needed a break :(

I loathed hunting season before we had a kid because DH was always gone. This year it will be worse for sure! He's taking off work Thursday and Friday which means I have to bring her to daycare which is out of my way and pick her up, but in the afternoon he'll probably just be napping. I'm going to make him a list of things I think he should do around the house when he's not hunting in the morning/evening. :) 
    I agree hunting season sucks. I'm ready for him to get a deer so he won't be so antsy to go all the time. Good idea making your DH a list, isn't it sad we have to do that? My DH won't do anything unless asked and I get tiered of asking all day .
  • @WasNotWas - that made me lol. Why is it that some women feel they need to sugarcoat everything to make their life seem so perfect?
    div style="text-align: center;">

• daffy2k said:
    @WasNotWas - that made me lol. Why is it that some women feel they need to sugarcoat everything to make their life seem so perfect?
    ugh this lady is the worst at it though, we have 2 kids almost the exact ages, I know what milestones your kid should be hitting. When you lie to me, you make yourself look dumb! And she's always saying that she doesn't read any books or do any research because she wants to do what comes naturally...
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • majwv8 said:
    DH went hunting Saturday and Sunday was supposed to be my day to go and do things. Well he got the 4 wheeler stuck and had to go back yesterday to get it out . He said he'd be back at 1 he lied he was gone all day. I was pissed I SAH with LO and really needed a break :(
    I loathed hunting season before we had a kid because DH was always gone. This year it will be worse for sure! He's taking off work Thursday and Friday which means I have to bring her to daycare which is out of my way and pick her up, but in the afternoon he'll probably just be napping. I'm going to make him a list of things I think he should do around the house when he's not hunting in the morning/evening. :) 

OMG, I hate hunting season.  DH and his BFF were gone all day on Saturday because they were camouflaging their duck blind.  They don't hunt deer only water fowl which sucks. You can never kill too many ducks or geese so they hunt every effing weekend that they can.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Ugh I don't want to go to work. As in, I want to quit and stay home. I'm not motivated enough for it anymore, and I'm not happy.
  • I am so effing pi$$ed at my coworker right now. She went straight to the ER after work last night with a 103 fever. It's strep and a double ear infection.
    Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • I can't get over the fact that my MIL brought her Mother, a woman who "hates me and will never forgive me for "giving my MIL a heart attack"" to my son's baptism.  The biotch wouldn't say hello and leaned all the way back when I went to give her a kiss, b/c I TOOK THE HIGH ROAD instead of telling the c*nt to GTFO of the church.

My MIL should know better! She's on thin ice as it is with us, and she pulls this crap?  I seriously think it's just best she's not in our lives. This won't be the last time she causes drama, and Lord knows it's surely not the first time.  I wish I had a normal MIL.

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• I have been asking DH to get in touch with his friend about being DD's Godmother so I could get her baptized, since she was born, no joke.  Since the last I had heard, and several times before that, he hadn't heard back from her, I went ahead and named my sister as GM. So last night DH overhears me talking with my sister about the baptism class tonight and asks why she's going. I explain that God parents are supposed to attend.  So he says, when were you going to tell me this, I thought K was going to be the GM?  Well that's news to me since I have been badgering you for 5 months now and haven't gotten a yes.  And he doesn't know if she is Catholic, which I specifically asked him to ask her about.  So now I have to add her as GM, figure out if she's even Catholic, find a class near her since she lives out of state, etc before we have the baptism on the 1st. I have no problem with her being the GM but come on DH give me a shot.
  • I cannot stand one of my coworkers and it took everything I had to stop myself from telling her to 'read ALL the words'.  Our job is incredibly detail oriented and she sucks at the details.  She started while I was on maternity leave and I was assured that she was really good...um not so much.  She never shuts up, never listens, thinks she knows everything and kind of sucks at her job.  It takes every ounce of patience I have to be civil to her.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Oh and another: here's a word for word conversation with my MIL last night at dinner.

Me: "E is STTN again now, thank god, but I still nurse her to sleep. Trying to work on putting her down awake"

MIL: "well, what I did, was, I would just have to go outside so I couldn't hear them cry"

WTF???!! No! Just no. @-)
    Anniversary       

• I can't stand my internship supervisor. She is a mean, nasty old lady. So ready to be done with her. About 5-6 weeks left.

That sucks. What kind of internship are you doing?
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • My legs hate me from being so lazy the last year or so since getting pregnant.

Both babies have a horrible cold and it's not much fun at my house. My poor D is also getting 2 teeth. Everyone including mommy are crying today.
  • I was invited to some kind of dinner with wine pairings and I had to come up with an excuse for why I couldn't go (because I won't announce this pregnancy for at least a few months), so I lied and said I was on a very strict diet. I love wine and I hate lying. It made me feel like such a fraud, and only got worse when one of the other dinner attendees started quizzing me on what the diet was because she wants to lose some weight too. It's really going to suck to have to keep up this charade all through the holidays. And I JUST DID IT LAST YEAR. Sigh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"