C-sections

Incision smells

Hi I am 12 days PP and have noticed that my incision has a bad smell to it, it looks great so might not be an infection but I have an appointment with my dr tues to confirm. Just wondering if any one has noticed this? Do you put anything on it? I let the soap run down it in the shower and dabbed it with a warm facecloth but that's about it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Incision smells

• I'm pretty sure I was told to rub the incision with a warm soapy washcloth right from my first shower at the hospital. I remember saving that for last in the shower the first few weeks.
  • Yes, I soaped up the incision directly. Mine smelled weird but I think it was more of a sweaty, healing skin smell. If you don't have a fever, severe pain, increased redness, or opening I would think you are ok but should definetly mention it to OB. If you are overly concerned call and see if you can talk to a nurse to ease your mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies I have been dabbing it with soap and hot water but still plan on asking my doc tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your wound may be open. always rinse off the incision with hydrogen peroxide, but it's not normal for your incision to smell. This is usually an indicator of an issue with your incision.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"