May 2012 Moms
Options

strange occurrences

Some of you may think I'm crazy but...

I am a strong believer in angels. I also believe that children are much more open to seeing them. Since moving into this house, we've had a couple of oddities: the dog barking at seemingly nothing, a picture knocked askew that could not have been bumped or moved by wind from a window, etc. We've wondered if the previous owner's wife, who passed away during the time they had lived here (not sure if she passed in the house or not), was hanging around.

Since Sophia was born, we've had a few more experiences.

A toy started playing on it's own. The batteries were fresh and no one/no pet was near it. I called my husband into the room and told him it just played on it's own. As soon as I finished saying that, it started playing again. I then asked "Fitzy (the nickname we gave her as the previous owners were Fitzpatrick), are you doing that?" And it played a third time. It didn't randomly play again after that.

When we still had an audio baby monitor, there were three times that we distinctly heard a calming "shhhh" through the monitor as if someone was trying to soothe her to sleep. This was long before she learned how to make that sound and it wasn't the normal sound of static/interference.

She woke up in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago and wouldn't go back to sleep. On the third diaper change, she was leading me towards her changing table which is a straight ahead from the nursery door and to the left. Well as soon as she entered her room before me, she looked to the right and up, waved and said "hi" (there is nothing but her plain closet doors in that direction).

Another time she woke up at 3 am but wasn't crying. We just heard her moving and then she fell back to sleep. Right after she calmed, the dog jumped out of bed and started whining. I thought he wanted to go out. When I got up he wasn't at the door to go outside, but was sitting outside of the nursery whimpering. I went in and Sophia was sound asleep.

I believe that her great grandparents are around her. Anyone else have little ones or pets (or you) experience angels around?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: strange occurrences

• Options
    I've had enough experiences over the years to believe it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't have any experiences but I do believe in them. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I believe in them, but have never personally had an experience. My uncle passed away when I was in 5th grade and my aunt used to see him all the time in their bedroom, where he died of a heart attack. He was also my godfather and my mom swears that the night before my confirmation, she saw him in our house and watched him walk up the stairs to my and my brother's rooms. My husband had an experience with a shadow person when he was in high school which absolutely terrified him.

I wish that my grandparents would "visit" me. My grandmother passed when I was in 7th grade and my grandfather right before my 21st birthday, but it never struck me how much it sucked that they werent around until my wedding. I would love to have an "experience" with them because it would bring me a lot of comfort knowing that they are looking over me and their first great grandson.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options

I'm a very scientific person, and I still believe.

My great grandfather made my mother and father a clock for their wedding gift. It worked perfectly for 23 years until the exact day he died. It stopped ticking while we were at the hospital saying our goodbyes, and hasn't worked since even after my mom took it to a repair shop. Nobody has ever been able to explain why it no longer works, so my mom keeps it up in the living room as a decoration.

My grandfather used to wear a train conductor looking hat everywhere he went. When he passed, we took it to his grave in the place of flowers. My sister placed in on the ground in front of the stone, and it puffed right up as if she had placed it on a head. There wasn't even the slightest bit of a breeze blowing.

I have the worst green thumb ever. I mean it. I bought cat grass once for my cat and that died almost instantly and I'm pretty sure the average person could sprinkle those seeds on concrete and they'd grow. The week my great grandmother died was especially hard on me because she was the first family member who's funeral I hadn't been able to go to. I was far away for work and my schedule did not allow for me to travel back. I hated not having that closure with my family. One day I walked out to my backyard and saw a flower in my "garden" (garden being my term for the patch of dirt I have yet to get anything to successfully grow in). I went and took a look, and it was a single blue pansy. Blue was her favorite color and pansies were her favorite flower. I felt the grief I had been carrying leave my body, and I haven't felt deep sadness over losing her since that moment. It was like her own way of saying goodbye to me and give me that closure. I now have 3 pansies tattooed on my leg. A purple one for my mother, yellow for my grandmother, and a blue one for my great grandmother. It always reminds me of that moment.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Just wondering if any of you who believe are Christians?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

I'm a very scientific person, and I still believe.

My great grandfather made my mother and father a clock for their wedding gift. It worked perfectly for 23 years until the exact day he died. It stopped ticking while we were at the hospital saying our goodbyes, and hasn't worked since even after my mom took it to a repair shop. Nobody has ever been able to explain why it no longer works, so my mom keeps it up in the living room as a decoration.

My grandfather used to wear a train conductor looking hat everywhere he went. When he passed, we took it to his grave in the place of flowers. My sister placed in on the ground in front of the stone, and it puffed right up as if she had placed it on a head. There wasn't even the slightest bit of a breeze blowing.

I have the worst green thumb ever. I mean it. I bought cat grass once for my cat and that died almost instantly and I'm pretty sure the average person could sprinkle those seeds on concrete and they'd grow. The week my great grandmother died was especially hard on me because she was the first family member who's funeral I hadn't been able to go to. I was far away for work and my schedule did not allow for me to travel back. I hated not having that closure with my family. One day I walked out to my backyard and saw a flower in my "garden" (garden being my term for the patch of dirt I have yet to get anything to successfully grow in). I went and took a look, and it was a single blue pansy. Blue was her favorite color and pansies were her favorite flower. I felt the grief I had been carrying leave my body, and I haven't felt deep sadness over losing her since that moment. It was like her own way of saying goodbye to me and give me that closure. I now have 3 pansies tattooed on my leg. A purple one for my mother, yellow for my grandmother, and a blue one for my great grandmother. It always reminds me of that moment.

These seriously have me goosebumps reading them!

I know right?

I am a Christian, Belle.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    bellelamb said:

Just wondering if any of you who believe are Christians?

I don't practice any religion, and I am also a person who looks at things from a scientific perspective, but I do believe in spirits.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"