Adoption
Options

Justice in an Adoption Scam! DD makes all the drama worth it.

I wanted to share that our fake Birthmom who scammed us, told us the baby died at birth as we were waiting outside the hospital, and scammed several other adoption agencies was recently sentenced to no less than 6 and 1/2 years in prison followed by 5 years probation/parole! So she's not getting out of prison until 2020! Glad other potential adoptive parents are safe from this psychopath. It was a horrible experience. Also, because she has so many high level felonies she automatically gets the maximum sentence for any future crimes after she is released. 

Please everyone in the process educate yourself about adoption scams!!!  I think our experience was rarer because we went through an agency but I would have been more persistent with the agency if I had known more about adoption scamming. We were eventually able to adopt a baby girl who turned one last week. If this adoption had been "real" we may never have matched with DD so something good came out of it! 

Meanwhile our DD birth mom is pregnant again and initially asked us to adopt the baby but now might be changing her mind.  What a crazy ride this has been!  So someone's life is about to change in Dec/Jan but I'm not sure if it will be ours or hers! Either way we are okay and our DD will have another sister in the world.  It's an open adoption so she will grow up knowing her sisters. (One older sibling lives with her BM)

I'm sure many of you have had crazy adoption paths as well. Since we didn't have to go through the drama of fertility first, I guess it's been about average on the whole. Hope everyone still in the adoption process is coping well with their personal roller coasters.  It's totally worth it in the end. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"