Preemies
Options

Weight Loss after switching to normal calorie foods

So DD has lost almost 2lbs in 2 weeks. We took her into the pedi's about what turned out to be an ear infection 2 weeks ago, and again today for the same issue, and they did her weight both times and she has lost 2 lbs. I was not concerned initially with the weight loss since we had the all clear to stop packing her foods with extra calories and since the antibiotic she was on caused some diarrhea, but the pedi seemed concerned. I had figured there would be some slow down to her gaining since we were going to normal calories and then when she had diarrhea the whole time she was on the antibiotic that we would probably see some loss, I know I would lose some weight if I were going that much, but her pedi recommended weekly weigh ins and possibly needing to return to high calorie foods. Has anyone had this experience? I'm convinced that the weight loss is from her being sick, but I also really don't want her to take a step back in her growth if it's because of the change in calories. I'm so frustrated, we have been so beyond blessed not to have any real setback since she came off her apnea monitor. I don't know if I should really be worried or not. On the one hand, 2lbs in 2 wks from a sick, but active toddler seems normal, but on the other we fought so hard for every single lb. I'm honestly not even sure if I'm just venting here or if I have an actual question for you ladies :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"