May 2013 Moms
Options

~*~ 6 month Appointment Check In~*~

Sorry so late! I forgot.. Oops;)
I will post this every Friday until we are done with 6 month appts!

• How old is LO?

• Weight / Height

• What Vaccines did they recieve

• Anything special Doc. Said
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ~*~ 6 month Appointment Check In~*~

• Options
    DS's appointment isn't until dec 23rd. :(

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our 6 month appt isn't until December 10!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    December 6th for us!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we fell behind on our appts since her 2 month fell over 4th of July, so S will have her 6.5 month appt on the 18th...I'm sure there will be a few next week though!
  • Options
    We go Thursday!
  • Options
    20th November for us. Can't wait! We don't get anymore vaccines now until they're one year old.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We go on the 11th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    6 months, 2 days (11/1)
    16 pounds 12 oz/ 27 inches
    He got the same 3 (no more oral) and a flu shot.
    Doc says he looks great, is very social and seems like quite the happy boy. According to the percentile a he is long and lean. (Doesn't take after mama in that dept)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    We go Wednesday--probably getting the flu shot. I can't handle sick babies :( and with our big girl in pre-k, lord knows what she'll bring home!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    c-elizabethfc-elizabethf member
    edited November 2013
    November 22nd, not looking forward to seeing DD get shots :(
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    6 months 1 day

He weighs 17 lbs 3 oz and is 27.25"

He got the flu shot, hib, polio, dtap and one other one. Four total.

Doctor said I could have fun with food... Meat is ok too. Exceptions: no milk, honey, egg whites or fish.
  • Options
    mishy2006 said:

Dec 2nd here.

Same

• Options
    December 5th for us... But I love reading about all the babies a month ahead of us!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Options
    Ours is today, updates later, I am sure he will be OFF THE CHARTS again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We had the appt 11/8 and LO was 6 months 5 days.

Weight- 14 lb 4 oz (3rd percentile)
    Height- 26.5" (38th)
    Head- 42 cm (11th)

For vaccines he got- DTap, Hib, PCV13, and Rota.

Dr was amazed on how strong and active he is. Wants us to try to feed solids 3x a day. He gave us a prescription for liquid fluoride. We go back in 3 weeks for a weight check :-(

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    @rea1687 What is the liquid flouride for?
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ohgrl95 said:

@rea1687 What is the liquid flouride for?

For his teeth, I assume. Dr thinks our city water does not contain fluoride. So any formula bottles we make or what water we will give him, he won't be getting any fluoride. But I may call the city water dept to double check bc too much fluoride will cause white spots on teeth.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Options
    Cgoode517Cgoode517 member
    edited November 2013
    We had his 6 month appt on 11/8 (6 months, 3 days). He was 16lbs 14oz and about 26.5 inches (had a hard time measuring him). He got the routine vaccinations and his flu shot. Dr recommended starting fruits and vegetables, waiting 5-7 days in between each. She said he's doing great developmentally. I did mention how his feet always seem to be cold and clammy and they also get very red and sometimes a dark purple in spots (typing this, I think it sounds worse than it really is). He also has a petechial rash on the tops of his feet every now and then. She checked a CBC and it came back fine. She said she hadn't seem that before but will talk to the older doctors in the practice and let us know if they think it's an issue. He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all and he bears weight on his legs/feet just fine. She seems to think its just his vascular system maturing. I meant to ask about fluoride and completely forgot.
  • Options
    19lbs
    27"
  • Options
    All of your measurements make my LO a peanut, lol. W was 26 long and 14.5 pounds. I'm the one that posted that LO was too busy to eat but doc wasn't concerned she's following her growth curve nicely. She got 6 shots! All 5 boosters and a flu shot. I'm home from work with her today because she has a low grade fever, normal side affect from the flu shot Pedi said
  • Options
    We went yesterday...
    J is 18 lbs 6.8 oz 66th percentile
    27 3/4 in 89%
    Head is 44 cm 63%

He got 3 shots: pediarix, prevnar, and the flu vaccine.

She was very impressed with J's sitting skills and was confident in his growth. I asked about his infrequent poops (once a week) and she said it would increase with more foods. I also asked for more info on solids. She said she doesn't believe J will have any issues because there are no family members with food allergies so she said to have fun! She said we could ignore the 3 day rule until there is a problem and then we'll slow down. We won't see the again until 12 months! 
  • Options
    OohgurlOohgurl member
    edited November 2013
    We also went yesterday.

26 1/4 40th percentile. 16 lbs 11 oz also 40th percentile. Head was 17 1/2 (80% down from 95%)

Got flu shot, rotateq, pentacel and prevnar. It was 3 shots and one oral. We have to go back in one month for the other flu. 

We asked about fluoride. She said that as long as he was getting one bottle of city water that has fluoride that is all he needs. She said that dentists really are split on this. Some want a supplement, some are really against it. She said stick with city water that has fluoride in it. 

I asked about solids. She said he can increase to 3 meals a day if we want but it wasn't necessary. She said hold off on baby yogurt until 7-8 months. She said we could start meat if we wanted or wait, didn't matter. She did say that no matter what we did to make sure he had a minimum of one serving of oatmeal a day. She said that was more important than fruits/veggies because it has vitamins in that he needs. 

I asked about juice and water. She said no. Empty calories. She said if I want to practice with a sippy cup to put an 1/2-1 once of BM or formula in the cup to get him used to it but it also wasn't necessary yet. 

I asked about crawling, she said that is a 9 month milestone and to not worry about it yet but to baby proof now. 

edit to add: She said watch for a temperature after this set of shots in particular because of it being the third round he was more likely to be reactive towards it. And sure enough he had a fever this morning and mid day. He never got a fever after the last shots. He was also a LOT more fussy.  

• Options
    Oohgurl said:

I asked about juice and water. She said no. Empty calories. She said if I want to practice with a sippy cup to put an 1/2-1 once of BM or formula in the cup to get him used to it but it also wasn't necessary yet. 

Interesting!!! My Dr. said water is great! 
  • Options

Oohgurl said:

Interesting!!! My Dr. said water is great! 
    I know all these doctors are so different. My pedi even differs from the sheet her office hands out at these visits. Like the sheet said he needed fluoride prescription, she said no.
  • Options
    • How old is LO?
    6 months and 5 days at her appointment

• Weight / Height
    16 lb 13 oz (66%) / 26.25" (83%)

• What Vaccines did they receive
    The combo is back!  And the first of the flu shot.

She's sitting well.  No water or juice.  We can try lean meats now.  Wait for yogurt and puffs til 8 months.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    y'all got big babies! S doesn't go in for her appt until Tuesday since she got behind thanks to 4th of July, but she was sick last weekend and when we took her in to get checked out she was only 12lbs 8oz...
  • Options

y'all got big babies! S doesn't go in for her appt until Tuesday since she got behind thanks to 4th of July, but she was sick last weekend and when we took her in to get checked out she was only 12lbs 8oz...

I'm jealous of the bigger babies too! LO only gained 6 oz in 5 weeks!

Me (32) DH (34) | |
  • Options
    • How old is LO?
    6 months and 4 days

• Weight / Height
    14 lbs 1 oz (14%) and 25 in (22%)

• What Vaccines did they recieve
    Rotovirus oral and 2 other shots. (We skipped the flu this year since she's not in daycare)

We can introduce meats now and said we can give her the puffs too.
    Dr. Said no more than 2 oz of water a day and to only give her that if we are having her practice drinking from a sippy cup.
    And still no teeth.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"