Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ovulation/Conception question....its baffling me!!

Hi Ladies,
                   Whilst searching through the internet and various sites, i came across this one and decided i would see if i could get any help??

Me and my Hubby  have been having sex with the attitude if pregnancy happens it happens. We are both in stable jobs etc and feel like the time is right now for us to extend our family! However, we do not want to say we are TTC as we do not want to put any pressure on ourselves.
I have been off the pill for a year now and charting my cycles for the last 6 months. Me and hubby are currently using the pull out method of BC.
I have pretty regular cycles and always know to near enough the day when im due on...they are always 26/27/28 day cycles.
I do not want to go as far as Ovulation kits but presume from fertile calenders that i ovulate on approx day 12/13/14 of my cycle.

My question is this, if my cycle was out one month (i have a very stressful job u see and i believe stress can change your cycles) and i was to ovulate later than day 12/13/14..this means that my period would be later aswell doesn't it?? So it would be longer than the usual 26/27/28 days that it usually
 is??.
 Also would it be possible for me to ovulate on say day 24 of a 27 day cycle and then still have a period as the egg would be safe in the Fallopian tube at that point?? could this happen and me still get pregnant?? or would this count as a LPD and a pregnancy would not be substained??
 I have tried to do my research as much as possible on this but ovulation kind of baffles me abit.

Any responses are greatly appreciated. 
Thank you

Re: Ovulation/Conception question....its baffling me!!

• Options
    Hi Ladies,
                       Whilst searching through the internet and various sites, i came across this one and decided i would see if i could get any help??

Me and my Hubby  have been having sex with the attitude if pregnancy happens it happens. We are both in stable jobs etc and feel like the time is right now for us to extend our family! However, we do not want to say we are TTC as we do not want to put any pressure on ourselves.
    I have been off the pill for a year now and charting my cycles for the last 6 months. Me and hubby are currently using the pull out method of BC.
    I have pretty regular cycles and always know to near enough the day when im due on...they are always 26/27/28 day cycles.
    I do not want to go as far as Ovulation kits but presume from fertile calenders that i ovulate on approx day 12/13/14 of my cycle.

My question is this, if my cycle was out one month (i have a very stressful job u see and i believe stress can change your cycles) and i was to ovulate later than day 12/13/14..this means that my period would be later aswell doesn't it?? So it would be longer than the usual 26/27/28 days that it usually is??.Yes because while ovulation may vary your LP should not vary (or not by much).  So if you ovulate several days later, then your period should be several days later as well.
     Also would it be possible for me to ovulate on say day 24 of a 27 day cycle and then still have a period as the egg would be safe in the Fallopian tube at that point?? No.  I recommend reading either Taking Charge of Your Fertility or some of the fertility friend tutorials, to learn you your body works.  Unless you have a luteal phase defect, your body produces enough progesterone to sustain your lining long enough for implantation. could this happen and me still get pregnant?? No.  If you get your period there would be nowhere for the embryo (the egg would have to be fertilized in the fallopian tube and no longer be an egg) to implant because your lining is gone. or would this count as a LPD and a pregnancy would not be substained?? If you had a 3 day LP, then you will never get pregnant because implantation doesn't occur until 7-10 DPO.  There wouldn't be a a pregnancy to sustain.  Also unless you are charting to pinpoint ovulation, you can't be sure of when you ovulated or LP length.
     I have tried to do my research as much as possible on this but ovulation kind of baffles me abit.

Thank you

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Thank you both. So if i was to ovulate later in my cycle, my cycle length would also be adjusted to suit??
    So as my period is always quite regular i presume i always ovualte on approx the same day each month! stress or no stress.

My other question about ovulating late and the egg missing the period by staying in the fallopian tube, is that even possible? I think i read that in a magazine somewhere but can't really remember....Thanks Ladies ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

My question is this, if my cycle was out one month (i have a very stressful job u see and i believe stress can change your cycles) and i was to ovulate later than day 12/13/14..this means that my period would be later aswell doesn't it?? So it would be longer than the usual 26/27/28 days that it usually is??.Yes because while ovulation may vary your LP should not vary (or not by much).  So if you ovulate several days later, then your period should be several days later as well.
     Also would it be possible for me to ovulate on say day 24 of a 27 day cycle and then still have a period as the egg would be safe in the Fallopian tube at that point?? No.  I recommend reading either Taking Charge of Your Fertility or some of the fertility friend tutorials, to learn you your body works.  Unless you have a luteal phase defect, your body produces enough progesterone to sustain your lining long enough for implantation. could this happen and me still get pregnant?? No.  If you get your period there would be nowhere for the embryo (the egg would have to be fertilized in the fallopian tube and no longer be an egg) to implant because your lining is gone. or would this count as a LPD and a pregnancy would not be substained?? If you had a 3 day LP, then you will never get pregnant because implantation doesn't occur until 7-10 DPO.  There wouldn't be a a pregnancy to sustain.  Also unless you are charting to pinpoint ovulation, you can't be sure of when you ovulated or LP length.

Thank you

Thank you so much, that reply has now made me understand! .....Thank you;)
  • Options
    redaero said:
    My other question about ovulating late and the egg missing the period by staying in the fallopian tube, is that even possible? I think i read that in a magazine somewhere but can't really remember....Thanks Ladies ;)
    No. Your egg doesn't hang around in your fallopian tubes while you have a period. The egg doesn't stay viable that long. If you're having AF, anything you ovulated that month is long past being able to be fertilized. If you've ovulated later in your cycle than normal, that means your cycle will be longer to suit. 

I really recommend getting a book like "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and having a read, it will clarify a lot of this stuff for you.

Thank you ;)
  • Options
    Thank you both. So if i was to ovulate later in my cycle, my cycle length would also be adjusted to suit??
    So as my period is always quite regular i presume i always ovualte on approx the same day each month! stress or no stress.

As a general rule, if you ovulate later, yes, your period will be later. Your luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period starting) remains constant. For most women this is around 12-15 days. If you are having 26-28 day cycles, then you are likely ovulating within a couple days of CD14. 

It requires a pretty specific hormone set up to ovulate in the first place. With a 3 day luteal phase, you would have no lining for implantation by the time a fertilized egg would get to your uterus. No lining = no implantation = no pregnancy. Eggs are only viable for 12-24 hours. It can't hang out for weeks for your lining to rebuild as your cycle continues.

Thank you, that makes lots of sense to me now! thank you so much for all ur answers 
  • Options
    0macylynn27 said:
    If you are trying to conceive then why are you using the pull out method? Just wondering.
    Not trying as such but if it happens it happens. My hubby will not come inside me as he considers this to be trying. However, if an accident happens it happens. That is our attitude ;
  • Options
    0macylynn27 said:
    If you are trying to conceive then why are you using the pull out method? Just wondering.
    Not trying as such but if it happens it happens. My hubby will not come inside me as he considers this to be trying. However, if an accident happens it happens. That is our attitude ;
    So, does your husband not want to have a baby right now?
    Yeah. I'm with you. OP, If he considers ejaculating trying he's probably not as into it as you are.
    My husband would like a baby yes. I can see what you both are saying but you dont know my husband...he thinks different to normal people! i have always said it lol
  • Options
    The likelihood of actually getting pregnant while using the pull out method is really slim...are you aware of that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sunnyalj said:
    The likelihood of actually getting pregnant while using the pull out method is really slim...are you aware of that?
    yes and no...I do know people that claim to have got pregnant this way, i am aware it is slim but can happen if done at ovulation...so this is why we believe if it happens it happens.
  • Options
    kaniela17kaniela17 member
    edited November 2013

I have a hard time believing this isn't about you, but a 'friend'.

She doesn't say it's for a friend.

And OP MH and have used the pullout method for 10 yrs at various stages of ovulation and not once did I get pregnant. IMHO anyone who says otherwise didn't pull out right away. When we decided to try for a baby we did ntnp and it took six months to get pregnant. There is no sperm in pre-ejaculate. Tell your hubby if he wants a baby he's got to actually leave it in and as pp said your egg is only viable for 12-24hrs so you'll be waiting a long time to get pregnant if he's pulling out.

GL to you.

Edit for spelling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

BFP#1 DS 1/19/12  BFP#2 EDD 6/11/14 MC 10/9/12 BFP#3 EDD 10/3/14

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    IronEgg said:

kaniela17 said:

I have a hard time believing this isn't about you, but a 'friend'.

She doesn't say it's for a friend.

And OP MH and have used the pullout method for 10 yrs at various stages of ovulation and not once did I get pregnant. IMHO anyone who says otherwise didn't pull out right away. When we decided to try for a baby we did ntnp and it took six months to get pregnant. There is no sperm in pre-ejaculate. Tell your hubby if he wants a baby he's got to actually leave it in and as pp said your egg is only viable for 12-24hrs so you'll be waiting a long time to get pregnant if he's pulling out.

GL to you.

Edit for spelling.
    Yes, she did. If you click on the bold in Macy's post, you would see she makes it obvious she's asking for a friend.

Didn't see the "other" post. I was commenting on this one. But whatevs! Seems odd either way.

• Options
    You are all a bunch of bitches on here!! I thought it was a good helpful site!! how wrong i was!!!!
  • Options

kaniela17 said:

You are all a bunch of bitches on here!! I thought it was a good helpful site!! how wrong i was!!!!

-insert 'that escalated quickly' gif here-
    Yikes...

• Options
  • Options
    Sunnyalj said:

kaniela17 said:

-insert 'that escalated quickly' gif here-
    Yikes...

Hey! Why does it say I said this?!?!

• Options
    Sunnyalj said:
    yes and no...I do know people that claim to have got pregnant this way, i am aware it is slim but can happen if done at ovulation...so this is why we believe if it happens it happens.

your odds are really really really low using the pull out method. In my experience I used the pull out method with my husband to avoid getting pregnant. Yes I knew there could be a small risk but I never got pregnant until he started ejaculating inside me. I don't know how serious you are about getting pregnant but you may experience some frustration when it's not happening

It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:
    Sunnyalj said:

your odds are really really really low using the pull out method. In my experience I used the pull out method with my husband to avoid getting pregnant. Yes I knew there could be a small risk but I never got pregnant until he started ejaculating inside me. I don't know how serious you are about getting pregnant but you may experience some frustration when it's not happening
    All this exactly... we used the pull out method a lot, at various points in our relationship, and never once got pregnant. When we decided we wanted to try for a baby and he actually came inside, we got pregnant right away. So I believe the pull out method is highly effective. But you and your guy need to have a deep conversation about if he really wants a baby (which it sounds like he doesn't). 

Plus, you're just lame, per the quote you stated about everyone here being a bunch of bitches.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
    BFP #1: DD born 08/12
    BFP #2: 04/13 Natural M/C: 5/13
    BFP #3: 06/14 DUE 3/5/15
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"