December 2013 Moms
Options

guess what my mom's friend said

I had my first baby shower last week and my mom wanted to invite one of her friends. I told her that was fine. So with 6 weeks left in my pregnancy and enough hormones in me to demolish a small community I walk into my 1st baby shower not feeling so good about myself. My mom's friend walks right up to me with this horrible look on her face and literally says to me " Did you enter a race to see who could have the biggest baby?" she then repeats the question to several of my friends and family members. Really I just wished that I had a blow dart.

Re: guess what my mom's friend said

• Options
    Haha wow! That's ridiculous ! I've saved some of my meanest/best responses for people like her. On the other hand you don't wanna work yourself up for people you don't really know and will hopefully not deal with, especially at your own baby shower. It sucks when people don't realize how rude they are ! Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean "you're huge or you must be having twins" is anymore acceptable. I sympathize with you on this one, in the end you gotta do your best to not let it ruin your day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    Wow!!  People are so rude sometimes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    That's so rude! She could have at least not shared with the rest of the guests. I would have kindly asked her to keep that to herself.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ummmm that gets a throat punch IMO
                                                                Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker
    Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

• Options
    What a biiiiotch!
  • Options
    I had a guy two days ago say to me "looks like someone's having twins," then proceeded to ask me for change. I told him he was being extremely rude and there was no way I was going to help him out after that.
  • Options
    Oh HELL no! Not ok!
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    I had a guy two days ago say to me "looks like someone's having twins," then proceeded to ask me for change. I told him he was being extremely rude and there was no way I was going to help him out after that.
    Speechless.  I am just absolutely speechless.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options

Stabby Eyes to that rude woman!

• Options
    Brutal..
  • Options
    I always thought it would be funny, but never had the balls to do it, to start crying hysterically when someone called me huge. EVERYONE and their mother called me huge, or asked if I was having twins when I was pregnant with Emma. Seriously, once my grandma argued with me, that I was definitely having twins. I always wanted to make them feel really bad by dramatically crying after they call me huge...but I never worked up the courage. haha

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • Options
    A stranger asked me in Walmart if I was having twins. And I actually feel smaller this pregnancy. I couldn't believe she asked me.
  • Options
    If your MIL decides to say that to you again, here's your response:

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Some people have no filter...
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    I know the feeling.  I had some guy at the mall pull me aside and try to sell me some weight loss tea.  At zumba a woman said" haven't you had that baby yet your huge!"  When I said I still had 7 weeks left, she gasped said" it must be twins!"  And proceeded to come at me with both hands to touch my belly.  I took a couple steps back and she stopped. At the end of class she acted all uppity like I had been the rude one.
  • Options
    Siblynika said:

If your MIL decides to say that to you again, here's your response:

Is it really bad that my MIL asked me if I was sure we're not having twins a few weeks ago and I told her to fuck off? I didn't feel bad for saying it...

Sorry OP that your mums friend was rude. People clearly have no idea what is acceptable to say to pregnant women.
  • Options
    We've had a lot of baby present packages delivered lately because all of DH's family lives out of town. That being said I've pretty much become on a first name basis with FedEx and UPS but the other day the fedex man found it completely acceptable to say "how many you got in there?" I just looked at him with my mouth hanging open. Seriously!?
  • Options
    I'd just like to say..I hate people.  That is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"