Working Moms

who went to a halloween parade?

I debated what to do and decided to take off and go to the daycare parade.  I was surprised that they did it at 9:30, I thought it would have been in the afternoon and I could have gone without taking time off, but I drove past 2 other daycares having parades at the same time.  There were so many parents there also I'm really glad I took off.

Re: who went to a halloween parade?

• Ours was at 9 so I just went in late. I work three minutes away so I just scheduled my first meeting for 10.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow that's odd, I thought they all did it in the afternoon. Ours is at 3:30 so I'm just leaving early today. They have the parade followed by a party in the classrooms.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours was at 10, but I didn't make it. DH dropped the baby off around 9:45 and sent pics, but no other real parents were there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our's was at 10.  Both and DH and I went since we work really close to the DC.  There were lots of other parents there.  It was a bit of a disaster - as soon as the LOs saw their parents, the older ones started running towards their parents and the younger ones started crying/screaming.  I had fun though.  DS looked adorable.
  • We don't have a parade, but class parties are at 3:00.  I'm not going.  I only go to the muffins with mom party they do near Mother's Day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• My work is too far from daycare to go to the parade.  Tonight they are having a big carnival and other fun things so I will get to go to that part at least. 
  • Ours was yesterday at 9:30. I didn't go. I don't think many parents did. DC is too far from the office so I only do a few events each year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went for the first year ever, but only because I happened to have the day off. My sons was in the AM as well.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • I went. It was at 3. It is the one event during the year that I take off work for.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Ours was from 4 to 6 and I went. It was a madhouse. DS is the oldest in the infant room and he snuck into the toddler room to play with their toys while they were occupied with the festivities elsewhere. Genius!
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are in a "no costume" area.  Neither school or preschool allowed costumes.  Kids were allowed to wear "Halloween colors" and they all had parties (DH was able to sign up to be a volunteer in one of the classrooms) and we sent in "mummy" juice boxes for DD1's party.
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I went. It was at 10 am, which I thought was really stupid. I took a half day but by time I got caught up on my morning emails and calls, the day was over! haha
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ours was at 12:45 which would have really pissed me off but I took the day off work anyway so was able to go.  Did the same thing last year and will probably just end up taking Halloween off every year so I can attend and take them trick or treating (which is from 3 - 7p here).
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We are in a "no costume" area.  Neither school or preschool allowed costumes.  Kids were allowed to wear "Halloween colors" and they all had parties (DH was able to sign up to be a volunteer in one of the classrooms) and we sent in "mummy" juice boxes for DD1's party.
    What is a no costume area?  Like people are opposed to halloween costumes?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS's preschool had a Halloween party and costume parade on Saturday so we went to that. Yesterday they were not allowed to wear costumes to school.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
    What is a no costume area?  Like people are opposed to halloween costumes?

They aren't opposed to them, all the schools in the area decided that they would not allow costumes in school.  No costumes, means no parade.  It's partly because "safety" reasons (many people coming in and out of the school helping kids get in and out of costumes) and partly because they lose almost a full day of school.  Between parties, putting costumes on, parade and taking costumes off (and making sure you don't lose any pieces) it's a huge production. 
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"