Multiples

13 weeks and already super uncomfortable?

Hi there! I'm 13 weeks with twins and have been sooooo uncomfortable this week. Very short of breath, restless at night, and still super nauseous. My belly is just starting to pop out and I think this may be why I'm so short of breath...maybe my belly just isn't growing quite fast enough and babies and organs are just so cramped inside? Anyone else?

Having my third u/s tomorrow with mfm to hopefully confirm di/di. Will be such a relief to see babies tomorrow to ensure everything is on track!

Hoping for a little reprieve of symptoms in 2nd tri before getting too big!

Re: 13 weeks and already super uncomfortable?

• Hate to tell u this but my "Reprieve" only lasted about 2 weeks and then i was very uncomfortable for the rest of the pregnancy. Here's to hoping u dont have the same issue! Good luck!
  • Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, my experience has been pretty similar to WilP. But I have some days when I'm miserable and others where I feel great! So, it's not all discomfort.
  • Ugh!  The shortness of breath thing happened super early for me too!  I was barely showing and I couldn't climb the stairs in the house without getting breathless!  I think it got better eventually, either that or I got used to it.  I also puked from about 10 weeks to 23 or 24 weeks.  After that, my son's diapers would send me running, they were so foul to me.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I read somewhere the shortness of breath also has to do with the increased blood volume in our bodies.  I can constantly feel my uterus, which is a little annoying, but also a little comforting.  I am just now having a hard time sleeping and staying asleep! 
    image    image    image    image

• Hmmm, I'll check on the iron.  Good thought!  I have had issues with that in the past.  Thanks!
  • Some days where worse than others but I have to say I was exhausted my entire pregnancy! Less than half way through I brought a chair into the bathroom to sit as I did my hair and got ready for work. Take lots of naps, and do yourself a favor and get all that you want done as early as possible. There will come a day when you hit a wall and not have energy and fore at least it was way sooner than I thought it would be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dunnkat said:
    Some days where worse than others but I have to say I was exhausted my entire pregnancy! Less than half way through I brought a chair into the bathroom to sit as I did my hair and got ready for work. Take lots of naps, and do yourself a favor and get all that you want done as early as possible. There will come a day when you hit a wall and not have energy and fore at least it was way sooner than I thought it would be.
    This. I'm almost 31 weeks and I have a very short span of ability to do anything. I have a friend coming over today to organize the nursery with me and wash bottles etc.. 

@amylou333, I dont want my irons tested because they'll probably tell me I need iron supplements, and I dont want them!! :'( 
  • I'm 8 weeks & I'm wiped. MS the second I open my eyes until I go to sleep at night. I'm exhausted & out of breath. I thought it was anxiety at first, but I think it's just a pregnancy symptom. Having twins is EXHAUSTING, and I'm only at the beginning. I felt so great in my 2nd trimester with my daughter, but I'm starting to think that won't happen with twins. :/
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoubtedly inhabited" - Anne Buchanan
  • I was out of breath at 5 weeks with this pregnancy. I could barely run a block, so I stopped running entirely. I was sitting down to do hair and make up.  I had to take a few naps in my car during lunch hour at work! It has gotten better (especially with getting ready in the a.m.) but I still get winded just talking!! Ridiculous! Going up a few steps or a slight incline winds me. 

I am taking iron in my prenatals and extra iron (I have anemia) but its fine, no side effects from that at all. 

Can't wait to have my body back!! Less than 10 weeks! 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • @tootscoot If you do have to take iron supplements, splurge the little extra and get the time release.  I was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia when I was 18 and have been on iron supplements since.  Those didn't give me side effects :) 

I'm only 15 weeks along and I can so relate with this thread.  I was having trouble wrapping my head around just how big the twins are already until my dh brought two apples in and rested them on my tummy.  Had me laughing.  :)  Crazy how fast these kiddos grow and it doesn't always dawn on me that there is double from previous pregnancies! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • I'm 13 weeks as well and the past week has been a bit ruff. Nights have become hard with sleeping. I can constantly feel my utuers stretching and growing. Trying to find any position to get more than 2hrs of sleep is hard. No MS forme thank god, but the exhaustion is still here And not going away. I'm sure that's to do to with lack of sleep. But I nap when I can and my dr just mentioned adding an extra iron pill to my dosage. Next week starts my weekly visits to the MFM/OB so trying to figure out how I'm going to manage to fit 3 hrs a week into dr appt a! Yikes
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Beta #1 208, Beta #2 800, Beta #3 6,000
    Were Having Triplets!
    You Tube Videos of our Family finding out the good news!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got a snoogle pillow and this helped a lot
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • I'm 9 weeks and exhausted and already look like I'm like 20 weeks along with a singleton! I'm exhausted, out of breath, I must nap every day or I'll pass out. I take vitamins every day. This is going to be a long 6-7 months lol.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • All along I have felt short of breath after walking up the stairs, etc. Lately it's also if I am sitting in the wrong position!! I haven't noticed a difference with adding iron unfortunately.
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• I just have to say that I love this whole discussion! I was super sick early on and was miserable. Then I went from no more morning sickness to being uncomfortable! Last week was a horrible week with rib pains and trying to do my job (a very active and busy 4K teacher) and I just wanted to be done with work. Thankful this week has been better. But yes.... I am easily out of breath, uncomfortable, pee a lot, and don't sleep much at all. But just remember the amazing miracles and blessings we are growing and how it will be sooooo worth it in the end! Hang in there!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"